Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Memorable film(s) released on Nov. 23rd

Author Topic: Memorable film(s) released on Nov. 23rd
Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2011 03:36 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Released on this day in 1983...

-

Released on this day in 1988...

-

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-23-2011 04:00 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never have understood the mania about Bill Murray. People tend to put him in the "great actor" or "superstar" category. He's neither, in my opinion. His name is no guarantee of a killer opening unless the movie has "Ghost" and "busters" in the title. Sure he's had other hits, but I just don't get him. The weird marks/scars on his face are always a distraction to me too, for some odd reason.

Disclaimer: I haven't seen ALL of his movies so maybe I'm missing some thoroughly-great performances.

That said, my favorite Murray movie that I've seen was "Groundhog Day." I haven't seen Scrooged, although we did play it to middling crowds.

I remember Terms being a big hit here and remember older people being peeved with the language in it, but other than that I don't have a lot of memories of it.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 11-23-2011 05:06 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Terms of Endearment" had a nice long run at the Mann's Bruin Theatre in Westwood (UCLA area). I saw it opening weekend there. Just think how the film would've played with Burt Reynolds cast in the Jack Nicholson part.
I saw "Scrooged" opening weekend over in the main house of Mann's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2011 06:35 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinemark Movies 6 in Mishawaka, IN will be playing Scrooged tomorrow at midnight to kick off Black Friday, in 35mm. If memory serves, they have a CP-55 in that house.

I've got my ticket!

AJG

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2011 07:21 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I played Scrooged last Christmas but it didn't do that well.The print was nice!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: