Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What the hell did Maxwell (the Pig) say?

Author Topic: What the hell did Maxwell (the Pig) say?
Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 01-08-2012 07:38 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of all the Geico commericals in their campaign that uses a Rod Sterling type asking a very serious question followed up with a very hilarious hook video, the one I would run from whatever room I was in to see it -- I thought it was rolling on the floor funny -- was the "Do little pig really say 'Wee wee wee all the way home?" spot.

I just LOVED Maxwell the pig with his head out the window screaming WEEEEEEE! WEEE WEEEEEEEE! And the frustrated mom and her son enduring this...all the way home. It just tickled me no end. And evidently so did a lot of other people because they have a follow up spot featuring Maxwell Pig on a ski-lift.

Problem is, WHAT DOES HE SAY? He passes another befuddled guy on the lift and says something to him that I cannot understand, even playing it back a few times. Anyone figure out what he says?

Sometimes your brain just get's stuck on a line and can't break out of that mindset. Then someone says about the Rolling Stones line -- "No idiot; it's not 'I wanna be your pizza burning...' it's 'I wanna be your beast of burden." And you say, "Oh.." and and you can't understand for the life of you how come you couldn't hear that, because once someone tells you, it is perfectly audible. Remember the bubble gum song Beach Baby? In the car my best buddy shouts at me as I am singing along, "No, stupid; it's not 'Lucy Haze,' it's 'cool sea haze'" "Oh...."

Some one enlighten me as to what the little piggy says in this Geico commercial.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-08-2012 08:00 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this commercial earlier today. Going solely by memory he said something to the effect of it being all about the adrenaline. It gets to ya (or something like that). Then he says WEEEE again. Of course I was laughing on the floor for a good 3 hours after that. This is unusual as IF I actually watch TV I usually mute all of the commercials habitually.

Also, are you sure that's a version of Rod Serling? I thought it was a lung-cancer-damaged version of Pierce Brosnan.

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2012 09:23 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember the song "Phoney Baloney"?

Or was it "Only the Lonely"?

Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2012 09:28 PM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it's "Beer... Adrenaline..." then lots more "wheee".

Tom Doyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2012 02:55 AM      Profile for Tom Doyle   Email Tom Doyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlNOwwQQJk

It sounds to me like he says "Pure . . . adrenaline." Then he snorts/laughs and takes off.

Maybe if you're watching it on TV you can just turn on the closed captioning.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 01-10-2012 10:59 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom has it right, first word is "Pure". Like Jim, I first thought he was saying "Beer."

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 01-11-2012 12:30 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Pure... adrenaline! SNORT! Ha! Ha!"

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2012 01:15 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's flashing back to that movie with Kianu Reeves...the one between Bill and Ted and before Speed. The action one. "100% Pure Adrenalin."

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 01-11-2012 01:58 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What?

Joe Elliott
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2012 06:36 PM      Profile for Joe Elliott   Email Joe Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's talking about Point Break

Ron Funderburg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2012 06:45 PM      Profile for Ron Funderburg   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Funderburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a bathroom on the right oh no Bad moon on the rise!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: