Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bank Officials Seem to Wonder Why Banks Are Hated----Here's One Reason

Author Topic: Bank Officials Seem to Wonder Why Banks Are Hated----Here's One Reason
Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 01-11-2012 01:18 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few years ago an acquaintance received a second past due notice from a credit card company demanding immediate payment of $0.00 . It being second notice he sent a check for $0.00 and the next statement showed it paid!!

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 01-11-2012 02:26 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine is dealing with a possible vehicle repossession following a break-up. The note on the car is in both their names but neither can afford to pay for it. My friend tried talking to the bank about voluntarily surrendering the car and signing a new note based on the balance of the loan following the sale of the car - she even has a dealership lined up to buy the car. Unfortunately the underwriter at the bank refuses to issue a new loan because the outstanding loan creates too high of a debt ratio.

It's a shame the bank can't look past their formulas and realize the proposed solution would save everyone time and money.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-11-2012 02:33 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..yet, they really have no problem with "short sales" ...

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2012 05:35 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week my brother called his bank to transfer funds from his savings to his checking acct. They said there was a $10.00 fee to do it over the phone. There is no fee to walk in and do it in person. After a short drive, I was being a smartass to bank employees (who didn't deserve it). I got them back though, I walked out with $10 worth of pens and lollipops [Razz]

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 01-11-2012 11:16 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Several years ago I moved my daily banking to the local Credit Union. At the time, the bank that I had my business account with had just raised their service charges and it would have cost me $50/month for the little that I do with a bank. I discovered that I could get exactly the same service from the Credit Union for $12/month. Today I pay the Credit Union $15/month, but I'm sure that the bank's fee would be a lot more than $50 by now. I've never bothered to go in and ask.

The only reason I had set up my account at the bank was that it is located 1/2 block down the street from my theatre. But the Credit Union is only 2 blocks away so it's not much of a difference anyway.

Anyone who does their daily banking with a bank should check into their local Credit Union and see what they can do for you. I've never had any reason to regret moving my account.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 01-11-2012 01:37 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
..yet, they really have no problem with "short sales" ...

Monte, I can tell you for a fact that even that is no longer true. I tried to purchase a property that was a bank-owned repo, for CASH, and yet they turned down my offer for cash and short sale .....

for conventional financing, 90 day escrow and a 30 year loan!! (And it wasn't financed thru the bank that repo'd it.)

A real estate broker told me that "short sale" is a joke....the average time to close such a "short sale" is currently 90-180 days, cash or financed.

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2012 03:47 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think 'short' sale relates to time.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 01-11-2012 05:12 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our G.M. at the theatre recently moved theatre accounts to another bank because the bank started charging a fee to count money after a certain fairly low amount was reached each month.

Bruce Hansen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2012 08:03 PM      Profile for Bruce Hansen   Email Bruce Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We bailed these F***ing banks out with our hard earned tax dollars, and now they want to screw us. Next time remember - NO BAILOUTS. The bank managment morons screwed up - let them fail.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 01-13-2012 10:56 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bill Enos
Our G.M. at the theatre recently moved theatre accounts to another bank because the bank started charging a fee to count money after a certain fairly low amount was reached each month.
My former bank started doing that years ago. I complained and they said "Well, someone has to count the money." Of course, it takes as much time to count $100 in ones as it does $2000 in twenties, so putting a dollar limit on it makes no sense.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 01-13-2012 11:43 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The banks (and the Credit Union) here have machines to count stacks of bills. They put the stack into the machine and it counts out 100 in about 5 seconds. Apparently there is some kind of a counterfeit detector built-in to them as well, so if there is a counterfeit bill in the stack the machine will spit it out and stop running.

Kelly Skaggs
Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2012 07:34 AM      Profile for Kelly Skaggs   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Skaggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At one of the theaters I worked at our bank did not want to give us coin wrappers. That night we deposit $200.00 in loose coins. The next day they where more then happy to give us what we needed.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-14-2012 09:46 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bruce Hansen
We bailed these F***ing banks out with our hard earned tax dollars, and now they want to screw us.
To be fair, there are thousands of banks that didn't get bailed out. Only a few of the gigantic major banks got bailout money. If you want to do something in protest, move your accounts to a small locally-owned bank. I've been dealing with the same bank since I was 5 years old and have a great relationship with them.

Melanie Loggins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2012 10:17 AM      Profile for Melanie Loggins   Author's Homepage   Email Melanie Loggins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Martin McCaffery
My former bank started doing that years ago. I complained and they said "Well, someone has to count the money."
This kind of argument always gets me riled. So let me get this straight, dumbass bank: you're going to be paying that employee to stand there for 8 hours whether I walk in or not. If I do, and I get good service, I will probably save my money in your bank and you can make interest off loaning my money to other people, and if I need a loan, I will come to you first and you can make more interest off servicing my loan. If I don't walk in, you lose any chance of making money off me AND you still have to pay that chick to stand there. Since I doubt many people would define "banking" as "counting money" (except Ebenezer Scrooge) that seems to me the kind of thing that falls into the category of Your Employee's Job.

/ rant

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 01-14-2012 09:23 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do a little back tracking and you'll find that many of your small local banks are tied to mega banks, the management on the local level will deny any connection until you slap them in the face with it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: