Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Pixar announces Nemo sequel, "Finding Dory"

Author Topic: Pixar announces Nemo sequel, "Finding Dory"
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-02-2013 01:31 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This just makes sense. I'm already looking forward to it, since "Finding Nemo" is my favorite Pixar movie and Dory was my favorite character in said movie.

Pixar's 'Finding Nemo' Sequel Titled 'Finding Dory,' Set for 2015

Pixar on Tuesday officially announced its next deep dive into the sea.

The Disney-owned computer animation company said its follow up to 2003's Oscar-winning smash Finding Nemo will be titled Finding Dory and focus on the little blue fish voiced by talk show host Ellen DeGeneres. The movie, which will be directed by original Nemo co-director Andrew Stanton, will hit theaters Nov. 25, 2015.

"I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time,” DeGeneres said in a release. "I’m not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating Toy Story 16. But the time they took was worth it. The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It’s got a lot of heart, it’s really funny, and the best part is -- it's got a lot more Dory."

Pixar said the film sequel is "set in part along the California coastline" and, along with several returning favorites, "welcomes a host of new characters, including a few who will prove to be a very important part of Dory’s life."

The film is the latest in Pixar's increasingly long line of sequels; along with three Toy Story films and two Cars installments, the heralded company is releasing a prequel to Monsters Inc., this summer's Monsters University.

It also has a number of new properties on the horizon to follow up last summer's Brave, which won the best animated feature Oscar: The Good Dinosaur, directed by Bob Peterson and due May 30, 2014; untitled Inside the Mind project, helmed by Up's Pete Doctor, aimed for summer 2015; and an untitled movie about Dia de los Muertos, directed by Nemo co-helmer Lee Unkrich.

Hollywood Reporter article

|  IP: Logged

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 04-03-2013 11:40 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a good thing they didn't try to announce this yesterday, coz it sure sounds like an April Fool's prank.

I agree, though -- Dory was the most memorable character in "Finding Nemo." I hope they create a good sequel.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: