Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bombs Explodes At Boston Marathon Finish Line (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Bombs Explodes At Boston Marathon Finish Line
Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2013 02:25 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 bombs exploded, 20 seconds apart near the finish line to the Boston Marathon.

My hope and best wishes to the people in Boston.

|  IP: Logged

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2013 02:52 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a very sad day.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-15-2013 03:09 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Multiple news media sites reporting three dead and 60 injured. Very sorry to hear this.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2013 03:37 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my best friends was a few streets away at tremont and mass ave and is thankfully ok.

*EDIT* Just found out that my Fiance's cousin's husband is missing he was at the finish line.

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2013 04:13 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard that there was a 3rd explosion at the JFK library about 30 minutes after the first two.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2013 04:13 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sean, just a word of hope. On 911 my sister in law and her husband had just parted ways near Wall Street, they worked in different areas, and it took them all day to get home or find each other or call friends and family. Besides the emotional effects, they were both o.k.

Thoughts and prayers to you and extended family.

Rick

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2013 04:24 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just heard everyone is ok and accounted for in my family.

I told all of my cabs not to take anyone into Down town Boston. (I own a cab company just outside of Boston)

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-15-2013 07:18 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The JFK library thing is unrelated.

I live a few blocks away from where this happened and was at home at the time. I didn't hear the bombs, but did hear lots of police/fire/ambulance activity and soon saw Marathon-goers walking away from the area.

There is still lots of police activity around here, and many streets are blocked off.

All of the TV and radio stations are covering this, but seem to have very little new information. There is a really creepy videotape that they keep broadcasting that shows the two explosions.

It is truly saddening that (it appears that) someone decided to turn what should have been a happy and fun event into a tragic day for many people. One of the two confirmed deaths is an 8-year-old boy.

Many of the Marathon runners are stranded at this point--unable to get into their hotel rooms or even call family members and friends to let them know that they are well.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-15-2013 09:15 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a pretty tragic and anger inspiring situation. My heart goes out to those who were hurt as well as their families and friends. This bombing has attempted to permanently tarnish the Boston Marathon and Patriots Day. I don't think the citizens of the greater Boston area will let that happen.

I'm also hoping there are enough clues left behind to bring the perpetrators of this incident to justice. There's all sorts of chatter on social media outlets about "you attacked the wrong city and the wrong country" -implying this was the work of terrorists from outside the US. Those who are investigating this attack need to consider all leads. This bombing could have been perpetrated by foreign terrorists or home grown terrorists like the ones who bombed the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City. I kind of wonder about that one. The 18th anniversary of the Murrah Building bombing is this Friday. Hate groups have deliberately targeted certain law enforcement and criminal justice members in recent weeks. Then there's the possibility it just could be some sociopath jerk who just wanted to hurt some people.

With as many cameras that were in use during this event, ranging from cameras in mobile phones to professional quality video cameras, hopefully there might be some photo image or piece of video footage that would lead to the murderer who planted the bombs.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-16-2013 02:21 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bobby Henderson
This bombing has attempted to permanently tarnish the Boston Marathon and Patriots Day.
The other thing I presume the bomber(s) aimed to achieve was to frighten people who intend to take part in other forthcoming public outdoor events, too. On my drive in to work this morning there was a police spokesman on the radio saying words to the effect that he intended to turn London into North Korea while the London Marathon takes place this Sunday, in an attempt to prevent a repeat incident. If you get to the point at which they're shutting down mobile phone networks for the day and searching spectators at random, then, sadly, to a certain extent the terrorists have won.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-16-2013 09:58 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As bad as it is that this happened, at least somebody in Boston has the ability to maintain a sense of humor in the face of disaster:

http://www.onefoottsunami.com/2013/04/16/strength-in-the-face-of-evil/

The famous "MITris" hack on the facade of Building 54 (AKA: The Green Building) was revived and, later, the American flag was displayed.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-17-2013 01:46 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Security in London was already going to be tight even before this happened, due to the funeral of Margaret Thatcher today.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-19-2013 02:23 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things seem to be getting somewhat volatile in Boston - an entire suburb sealed off and door-to-door searches for the fugitive suspect. Hope Sean and Scott are keeping safe and aren't too badly disrupted.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-19-2013 02:47 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The city and a number of surrounding cities and towns are basically shut down today. Businesses were told not to open and most companies have told their employees to stay at home (mine did). All public transportation has been shut down. Even cabs were shut down for a while this morning. There are very few people on the streets. The local TV and radio stations have been broadcasting about this all day (without commercials!), but there has been very little real news about what is actually happening.

I went to bed at about 10:30 last night when everything was more-or-less normal and woke up to this mess today.

I will be doing a screening tonight and it will be interesting to see how many people show up for it.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2013 09:30 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your concern and well wishes. I am located about 30 miles from watertown on the other side of Boston (I am 16 miles 15-20 mins from Boston) No public transportaion whatsoever yesterday and we suspended taxi service going to Boston, Cambridge, Watertown, Newton, Brookline, Allston, and Waltham.

I am glad that they caught this guy and I am glad they got him alive so he can face the criminal justice system. It will be interesting to find out the whole story about how this played out and what information they knew and when they knew it.

There was a taxicab involved in a possibly related incident in Kenmore square in Boston where two handcuffed persons were taken from the scene early yesterday morning and shortly afterwards there was a "controlled detonation" at that scene but have heard no other details since.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: