Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » 20 year slogan

Author Topic: 20 year slogan
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 06-20-2013 11:11 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's getting close to 20 years since I set up my theatre, and I was just now thinking that it might be nice to add a slogan of some kind to my website when the time comes that states that fact.

"Entertaining Melville for 20 years" is the first thing that comes to mind, but I'm thinking that it sounds too exclusive since people come from places other than Melville to watch movies here.

Do any of you lot have any brilliant ideas or slogans that I could swipe?

|  IP: Logged

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2013 11:36 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Showplace Of Saskatchewan Since 1993

Saying "20 years" in the verbage would only be valid for this year. Saying "Since 1993", the slogan can be used for years to come.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 06-20-2013 01:00 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think some kind of "20th Anniversary" button or plaque thingie would work well. 5 years from now you can do a "Silver Anniversary" celebration.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 06-20-2013 01:18 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Celebrating 20 Years of Great Entertainment"

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-20-2013 01:35 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Now celebrating our vigintennial anniversary!"

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2013 06:34 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"we are as old as Justin Beiber but provide better entertainment"

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-24-2013 10:25 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although Pravins suggestion above is my favorite so far, here is a thought. My wife is in marketing, and she told me something I found out to be quite true: The only people who care about an anniversary are the owners.

So with that in mind, I think you should go with something simple. Our slogan here is "Great movies since 1930" which I like because it never goes out of date.

Here's another idea: Come up with a cool looking "(name of theater): Celebrating 20 years in business!" graphic, use the "DVD-o-matic" program to turn it into a 10 second DCP and place it ahead of all your movies. That'd impress people as much as anything else you could do and it would be free.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 06-27-2013 10:24 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, your wife is absolutely correct. As hard as it is for owners, executives and generally the staff of a place to accept, it doesn't impress anyone that you have been able to hit a 10 year, 20 year, or 50 year mark; it's really only what you are providing for them now that is of interest to them.

Generally speaking, noting how many years you have been established and providing a quality product is valuable marketable information, an anniversary number in and of itself is pretty useless as a marketing tool unless you couple the anniversary "event" with something special that you will offer to make it memorable to the customer...giving them something extra (ticket or concession item prices rolled back to what they were in 1993, for example), for the number in and of itself, no one cares except, as your wife points out, the theatre owner and the theatre personnel (sometimes not even them!)

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2013 10:33 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've got a couple of decent old photos from your theatre's early days,
you might want to put together a 10-20sec montage, with whatever slogan
you decide to use and then use DVD-0-MATIC (as someone else suggested)
to create a DCP you could run before your program.

Almost all the places I'm associated with are between 80-100 years old.
Although one of them still holds a (well attended & popular) party every
year on the anniversary of their opening, I think they gave up on
trying to come up with cute slogans over 70years ago.

(and congratulations & best wishes on your 20yr business anniversary!)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: