Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Health Problems (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Health Problems
Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2013 05:28 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only told a couple of my best friends, but alot of you guys are friends also. Today I'm getting a biopsy of my pancreas. All of the tests so far are pointing towards cancer. I've had a CT, MRI, and PET scans. Then a EUS which they basically knock me out and shove a camera down my throat. They found a lesion on my liver, gallstones, and spots on my pancreas. They keep scheduling new tests to get me in as soon as possible as they find new things.

The bad news I'm sweating is this .

quote:
Pancreatic cancer often has a poor prognosis, even when diagnosed early. Pancreatic cancer typically spreads rapidly and is seldom detected in its early stages, which is a major reason why it's a leading cause of cancer death. Signs and symptoms may not appear until pancreatic cancer is quite advanced and surgical removal isn't possible.
The good news is yesterday I found out the hospital is covering me 100%. I know it's because of my finances, but I like to think it's my charming personality(everyone I've dealt with in the offices are female) [Big Grin]

When I get the results, I'll either post the good news, or ask for help with a "bucket list".

Rick

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 07-09-2013 07:40 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard,

That's bad news, and I hope it turns out not to be the case.

I do know somebody, not very well but I have met them a few times, who was diagnosed with it several years ago. They have survived it, and were in reasonable health when I saw them quite recently.

My thoughts are with you.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 07-09-2013 09:46 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope it isn't cancer. Although the prognosis of pancreatic cancer is typically grim some people do survive it. An attorney in my AMBUCS civic club chapter was diagnosed with it around 2 years ago. His son is an oncologist in Seattle and was involved with the treatment process. He ended up having a bone marrow transplant. So far he has been doing well. No more cancer. Obviously, he's getting routine screenings to see if any returned.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-09-2013 10:12 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rule number 1: never consult internet about health!

That's sad news indeed, I wish you well and hope you get a good news soon.

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2013 02:53 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Richard.

You are in good hands. With these issues, Time is of the greatest urgency. The professionals caring for you do not seem to be wasting any time in getting a diagnosis. I pray it is a favorable one.

Why is it that as humans we tend to think the worst and hope for the best? There IS a plan, just not ours.

Sincerely
KEN

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-09-2013 03:33 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear - very sorry to hear this. Like everyone else, I hope it turns out to be something a lot less serious. One positive is that the hospital appears to be letting no time slip in getting the tests done and treatment underway which, whatever the diagnosis, should help to tip the odds in your favour.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 07-09-2013 03:49 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck.

I don't know what else to say but, "fuck."

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-10-2013 01:25 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True, and sorry to hear about this-being I'm a two time cancer survivor that had to go through radiation and some chemo treatments:

Heard of people surviving the "Whipple Procedure", for this form of cancer to make their lives last a lot longer if they had the lower stages of the cancer, but true as the website mentions: It has its risks and take a long time to get close back to normal, but one must follow a strict diet regimen due to the altercation done to the upper G.I. tract.

Prayers are with you, Rick. Keep the spirits high and faith strong.

-Monte

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2013 04:56 AM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm praying for you Richard.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2013 05:11 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the thoughts guys. [thumbsup]
They didn't do the biopsy because when he scoped me, the ultrasound was weaker. I think he said because of the needle on it to get the biopsy, and he couldn't see the spot on my pancreas and didn't want to risk me bleeding and causing more problems. My blood evidentally is thin. Now they want some lab work done and another CT scan, which I have to schedule. It's basically a waiting game now. Not really sure why they couldn't do all of that while I was there, in gown, sedated and on a roll around hospital bed.

Peace brothers, It is what it is. Trying not to sweat it. [beer]

Rick

Alan Plester
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2013 04:19 PM      Profile for Alan Plester   Email Alan Plester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to read all about this, wishing you all the best.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2013 07:17 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that man. That really fuckin sucks. Hang in there though bro and think good thoughts. As they say hope for the best and prepare for the worst. My sister just got through fighting breast cancer. She had chemo and a double mastectomy and it did the trick. It's really good that your getting treated early on as thats the most I important thing. I wish you the best of luck.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2013 07:20 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best to you, Richard.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Danny Yancey
Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2013 03:24 PM      Profile for Danny Yancey   Email Danny Yancey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wishing you the best of luck. I know how you are feeling as I go in for radical throat surgery next Friday for a returning tonsil cancer. Once more I wish you the best.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 07-13-2013 03:58 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May you only have a good outcome, brother. Positive thoughts.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: