Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Chimps Watch Planet of the Apes

Author Topic: Chimps Watch Planet of the Apes
Michael Putlack
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2014 11:27 AM      Profile for Michael Putlack   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Putlack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/watch-chimps-watch-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes

quote:
Watch Chimps Watch Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

No way this could come back to haunt us.

By Steve Watts

In an adorable stunt that surely won't backfire on humanity horribly, two chimps recently attended a screening of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

The chimpanzees, Vali and Sugriva, were treated to a screening in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The Daily Mail reports that the pair were brought by Myrtle Beach Safari director Bhagavan Antle. Antle said the two chimps handed over the money to pay for their movie snacks, and were able to determine the good and evil characters by their facial expressions. It's all disarmingly cute.

"A couple of people said very clearly 'are you sure they should watch this movie, won’t they learn to take over the world?'" Antle said. "There were several people actually concerned about that."

There is a great video on that page, but I don't know how to put it on here :/

I gotta say, I don't know who came up with this stunt, but it is great!

|  IP: Logged

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 07-16-2014 11:49 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the reporter was too cute by half.
I'd be really pissed if some monkeys decided to throw poop at my screen [evil]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 07-16-2014 01:37 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What makes them any different than the monkeys that throw crap at your screen every other day of the year?

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 07-16-2014 02:56 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny how they always have the cute little, young chimps doing these activities and never a grown adult chimp, such as an adult male chimp. If they had some "alpha" chimp in that theater he would be a hell of a lot more scary than the movie.
[evil]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-16-2014 05:02 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Martin McCaffery
Well, the reporter was too cute by half.
George Stephanopoulos?

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 07-16-2014 05:21 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As adorable as George once was, no, the woman doing the actual "reporting" was just unbearable.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-17-2014 03:22 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But they never showed her. Are you guessing or did I miss a frame?

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 07-17-2014 08:05 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I should have said "cutsie" instead of "cute." I'm talking about her reporting, not physical appearance.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 07-21-2014 04:01 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like Bobby said -- a alpha male like the "cute" one that mauled that woman and ripped her face off? Punishment, no doubt, for the years he endured being forced to dressed up like a Ken doll in stupid human cloths and forced to sit and eat at the table. I'll bet the idiot woman who tried to turn him into a pet also made him say grace with her before she allowed him to eat. No wonder they eventually get pissed enough to subjugate all of mankind.

Hey, if you look at the world today, who says it would be any worse off if evolution took that left turn.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-21-2014 10:20 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Martin McCaffery
Maybe I should have said "cutsie" instead of "cute." I'm talking about her reporting, not physical appearance.
Interesting. I didn't even watch with the sound turned on. I rarely do unless it's something that I know I want to hear.

quote:
alpha male like the "cute" one that mauled that woman and ripped her face off?-
That ape was on Xanax I believe. That crap will make a human messed up enough. The good news is that they saved that lady's face. It's on display at the Louvre.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: