Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Ideas for tv show

Author Topic: Ideas for tv show
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 02-16-2015 03:24 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A television network is making a half-hour show about my theatre as part of a series of interesting things that you find in towns in Saskatchewan. They will be here Thursday.

I'm thinking that I'll show off my lobby and auditorium, show the digital projector and a CRU drive, "this is how we do it now", then whip out a piece of film, "this is what it used to be."

Do any of you folks have any ideas for something interesting to demonstrate or describe? I apparently have a half-hour to fill. Less commercials, I suppose...

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 02-16-2015 03:32 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're theatre has a Facebook page, you might actually poll your users to see what they would find interesting. What's going to be interesting to people in the industry is not necessary what will be interesting to the average person.

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2015 12:51 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As this is a show about "interesting things that you find in towns in Saskatchewan", rather than a show about movie theatres, I would suggest giving a tour of the workings of a movie theatre (ticket sales, concession, projection, sound etc), and then spend time on what makes your theatre special to the community, not the building you already covered in the tour, but any programming that make you unique.

Years ago I saw a short film, the name of which escapes me, about small town movie theatres. It wasn't about the theatres per say, but peoples memories of them. The film was made up with interviews of people talking about meeting their spouses, first dates, childhood memories etc. It is what made the theatre special in their lives.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: