Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Pizza Hut delivers movie projectors now

Author Topic: Pizza Hut delivers movie projectors now
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-08-2015 06:55 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The industry has done a good job of killing quality lately and the joke has been made today's generation of kids are happy watching movies on their phone and without masking. Turns out Pizza Hut agrees and here it is RIGHT AT HOME!

click here

|  IP: Logged

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 06-09-2015 08:38 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like their projection is as good as their pizza.

I'd feel a little bit less disgusted if they showed a couple of 8 year olds putting on a show for the kids on the block.

Does this mean everyone has quit watching movies on TV?

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2015 11:27 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of those cardboard/plastic lens conversion kits to turn your old television into a video projector that used to be advertised in the back of magazines. They worked, just not very well.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-09-2015 02:02 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To really make it seem like a real movie theater cinema projection system they should sell these pizzas for $65,000.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 06-09-2015 02:18 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do they encrypt the whole pizza or just the toppings?

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 06-09-2015 03:22 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's adorable. It's like a fifties toy premium.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-09-2015 03:28 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jen would be mortified if she knew I was posting this here. She actually spent money on this, I think maybe $10. It's a phone projector. And holy hell IS IT AWESOME!!

-

As you can see the box exists as highly desirable corrugated plastic. It feels much like the TES and Deluxe film boxes of yore. There's a reason for that. And the reason is because it kicks ass, just like TES and Deluxe boxes!

-

You attach your phone to the sticky substance on the back wall. It works just like focusing a real xenon bulb! So be sure to get it right and also wear your protection gear. Like a real movie, you need to get it playing before you can close up the lamphouse and shine it onscreen.

-

And here it is all closed up! It provides nearly a lumen of brightness with a throw distance of 3 inches in a pitch-black room. And if that's not enough look at the sweet video and audio inputs! Holy crap it even features composite video! DID I DIE AND GO TO AWESOME VIDEO HEAVEN??? Most other projectors only feature a coaxial RF connection if you're lucky but most have the split twin-lead RF connection. And if the sound from your phone's speaker inside the box isn't powerful and pleasant enough, you can even hook up speakers! LOOK AT THAT! Each channel is powered by an internal amp featuring up to 25 microamps of POWER!!!!! Holy crap! You can go straight to hell with your gigawatts Doc Brown, we've got more than enough power right here!

Needless to say I have thrown away my TV and sound system because how can anything compete with sheer perfection like this?

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 06-09-2015 03:43 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But did it come with a slice of soggy pan pizza?

I guess when your next Barco or Christie comes with a slot for your smartphone where the lamp house used to be, it's time to start scratching our collective heads.

Bill Brandenstein
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2015 04:06 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally a system that matches our local Edwards theater for screen brightness! (or lack thereof)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: