Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Movies in 5D! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Movies in 5D!
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-15-2015 04:47 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
We are up to 5D now, right? Or is it 6D with this one? I've lost count.

Regardless there is no better way to watch a Jurassic Park movie with dinosaurs running around in the rain attacking people than at this IMMERSIVE presentation.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2015 05:10 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When is Apple going to fix the bug on the iPhone that allows users to shoot video in portrait orientation?

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2015 05:35 PM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear lord that is a lot of water. Drainage on the roof must've been blocked or something.

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2015 07:15 PM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ken Lackner
When is Apple going to fix the bug on the iPhone that allows users to shoot video in portrait orientation?
Bug? That's the new IMAX camera!

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-15-2015 07:30 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many times do I have to tell you guys? ANAMORPHICS!

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 06-15-2015 08:04 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish there was a "like" button I could press for that comment.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 06-15-2015 08:13 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But that image fits perfectly in auditoriums that were the victim of bad twin splits.

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2015 10:05 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The caption under the video describes it as a 'roof collapse'. From what I can see in
the video, only the ceiling collapsed, not the roof, which would have been a lot worse.

As everyone knows, the worst non-fire theater disaster in the US was the collapse of the
roof of the Knickerbocker Theater (Washington DC) in January 1922, after the weight of snow
and ice from a blizzard that had raged for over 24 hours caused the main roof truss to pull
away from its' support beams and collapse into the auditorium killing 98 people and injuring
over a hundred more. Investigations into the accident placed at least some of the blame on
deficiencies in the design of the roof and its' support structure. Several years later, the
architect who designed the theater, and the man who owned the building both committed suicide.

-

Terry Monohan
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2015 10:14 PM      Profile for Terry Monohan   Email Terry Monohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brad for the flood link footage. Looks like everyone got out of the mid section in time before the roof tile came down,and the pre show show kept going. This is the type of rain we need in California but not on a bad drainage roof of a theatre. The timing may have been on spot during a rainy part of the movie but the downpour came before the movie even started I think. How many people in the crowd would have recorded the whole film with their cell phones? At least they got the roof coming down for the whole world to see even in stereo sound. Thanks again Brad for sharing this. In the US this would be the top news story of the day If It had took place in Dallas TX and give J Park a big plug.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-16-2015 05:31 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
too bad the clip has been removed...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-16-2015 10:56 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
here

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-17-2015 05:39 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least they kept the Hooray for Hollywood theme song going!

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-17-2015 04:29 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brad

Shocking. Truly Shocking. I hope nobody got hurt.

What hurts me most is that the show is going on nevertheless - obviously nobody in the projection room, no emergency stop button and nobody skilled enough capable to stop the show and put the lights on straight away. Why would you ever need anything like that?

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 06-17-2015 04:46 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking the same thing.

With a ceiling collapse that bad, they should have cut the shows in all of the auditoriums and dumped the building. If the weather outside was severe, they could have brought at least some of the people out to the main lobby, instead.

Point being, if there is THAT much water draining into one auditorium, it could happen in ANY auditorium and somebody should have been looking out for the safety of ALL the people inside the WHOLE building.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-17-2015 04:56 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a person at a time they've fired everyone. Now the whole place is run by an underpaid manager and a computer.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: