Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Paris - Cinema related

Author Topic: Paris - Cinema related
Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2015 04:40 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going to visit Paris in few weeks.....now, is there anything cinema related Worth to visit? Not thinking on multiplexed or so, but some big screen theatre, maybee IMAX, museum, etc....nayone who has been or is there is welcome to give advice....thanks!!!

|  IP: Logged

Mike Rivest
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2015 05:11 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Email Mike Rivest   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quai de Loire and Quai de Seine theatres, operated by MK 2
These two multiplexes are across a canal from each other and operates a ferry boat between both locations.

Also UGC Cine Cite Les Halles with its 19 screens.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-15-2015 06:58 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
La Geode is pretty neat: typical Imax Dome theatre but the outside is polished so it looks like a giant ball bearing.

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2015 07:15 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably the most famous museum in the history of film is in Paris, the Cinematheque Francaise in the 12th arrondissement. This is where Henri Langlois pretty much saved all of European cinema from the German occupation during World War 2, he had collected film prints from all over the world prior to the war, and when Vichy ordered them destroyed he managed to smuggle almost all of them out until after the liberation. When the French government tried to remove Langlois from control of the museum in 1968, it touched off riots in the streets. I haven’t been in years, but I know there is still an operating cinema there, along with a large exhibit area and an extensive collection of cameras and related equipment.

Website

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2015 04:01 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "Max Linder Panorama" has been a favourite of mine since 1992

My pictures of the beautiful cinema: http://www.in70mm.com/news/2010/max_linder/_gallery/index.htm

Unfortunately, both DP70s are gone these days

Enjoy Paris

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2015 06:27 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The French Cinematheque moved to a new building in 2005 - previous DP70 Cinematheque installations can be seen here: http://www.in70mm.com/dp70/country/europe/france/index.htm

A few pictures from 70mm festival in 2014: http://www.in70mm.com/news/2014/cinematheque/index.htm

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2015 04:15 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for replays, i still have some weeks to explore, but yes, cinematheque is no 1 on list.....

Max Linders Panorama is cinema what i like to visit, multiplexes....they are all the same...

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 10-09-2015 07:51 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just in Paris myself. I missed the Cinematheque, but I did see Sicario at the Max Linder, both of which I enjoyed. The film (well, video, really) was shown in English with French subtitles. Apparently, "VO" at the box office indicates "original language." I was a bit put off by the "ST- FR" indication, which I thought meant something like "soundtrack in French," but which actually indicated the subtitle language.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: