Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Maureen O'Hara 1920-2015

Author Topic: Maureen O'Hara 1920-2015
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 10-26-2015 06:23 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maureen O'Hara passed away at age 95 of natural causes on Saturday. Born in Ireland, she is remembered most for THE MIRACLE OF 34TH STREET, THE QUIET MAN, THE HUNTCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME and the original PARENT TRAP among the many film she has made

In 2014, she became the 2nd actress next to Myrna Loy to receive an honorary Academy Award for her contribution to the motion pictures industry for the many films she made over the years.

RIP

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Steve Matz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2015 10:30 PM      Profile for Steve Matz   Email Steve Matz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful Lady; Can't hardly think of her without thinking John Wayne.... She was only 19 when she played Esmeralda in "Hunchback of Notre Dame" She was probably the last surviving Actor/Actress from that Film....R.I.P. [thumbsup]

Robert Koch
Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2015 05:04 PM      Profile for Robert Koch   Email Robert Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. A most lovely lady.The obit I read had no mention of survivors or family. Any one know more?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 10-27-2015 06:39 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She has some. Theres a daughter, grandson and great-grandchildren. As a matter of fact, she lived in Ireland for many years until a few years back when her health went worse and she returned to the US to be with her family. I actually saw her personally in Ireland on some charity event. There's also a tiny bit of a nasty story about her splitting with her long-time personal assistant, preceding her return to the US, but that's more hearsay, although it had some local press coverage...

Anyway, fascinating she was there for so long, and in good shape during all but the very few last years.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: