Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bob Maar

Author Topic: Bob Maar
John Walsh
Film God

- posted 12-16-2017 03:15 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all. I didn't see is posted, so sorry if I'm repeating something already known.

Bob Maar passed away on July 12 2017. He had Alzheimers. I had last talked to him at his home in Newport many years ago.

Anyway, I was looking for some reference info (FT is a great resource) and I saw some postings asking about him, so I thought I'd mention it.

|  IP: Logged

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2017 04:22 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the heads up. I'd wondered why we haven't heard from Bob in many years. RIP.

Now post a joke in his memory!

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2017 05:11 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obit.

Robert Franklin Maar, 78, a longtime resident of Riverdale and Manhattan, passed away on Wednesday, July 12, 2017, at his home in River Edge, New Jersey, surrounded by his family.

A loving husband, father and brother, he is survived by his wife of 52 years Virginia (Kennedy). He retired from his career as a theater executive in 2006. He most notably worked for Trans-Lux Corp., and finished his career at Sony/Loews.

He also proudly served in the U.S. Marine Corps.

In his retirement, he was a frequent participant, singing on the Saucy Sylvia cabaret and radio show in Newport, Rhode Island.

In addition to his wife, he is survived by three children: Robert (Rob) Maar Jr., of Riverdale; Kara (Maar) O’Donnell and her husband Tim of River Edge; and Edward Kennedy Maar and his wife Sarah of Manhattan. He also is survived by six grandchildren: David Maar, Tyler Maar, Lauren Tuttle, Griffin Tuttle, Olivia O’Donnell and Emma O’Donnell.

In addition, he is survived by his siblings: Henry Maar of Simi Valley, California; and Maretta (Maar) O’Leary of Yonkers.

He was very active in the communities in which he lived. He coached and was an executive member of the North Riverdale Baseball league in the late 1970s and early 1980s. He worked tirelessly to improve the baseball fields, updating the fences and playing surfaces with the help of former Gov. Mario Cuomo.

He also served as a deacon and elder at the Riverdale Presbyterian Church.

Donations may be made in Bob Maar’s name to Alzheimers.org, or Holy Name Hospice, at HolyName.org/foundation.donation.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-17-2017 09:34 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the good guys will be missed RIP

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-19-2017 04:38 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I worked at Loews with Bob and also knew him from here. Spent many converstaions with him getting his advice and wisdom. I am saddened by this news.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 01-20-2018 10:46 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RIP bob Maar. What a gent. I worked with him for almost 15 years while he was at Trans Lux. If every customer I had was as honorable as he was, I would not have grey hair.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: