Igniter card issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igniter card issue

I am in the process of getting an EIKI EX6000 up and running and I have just had two components on the igniter card go 'bang' after about 15mins running. Fairly sure they are capacitors but could someone confirm?

While I imagine these can be replaced, I am concerned that something else has caused these to fail. The two components were connected between earth and two cables on the igniter card.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Steve McAndrew; 05-05-2024, 09:16 AM.

Yep those are electrolytic caps, they tend to dry out and go bad after many years. Most likely nothing else caused them to fail.

If you look on them you will find the values (xxx)uf or mfd (capacitance) and xxx volts (voltage.

Use that information and go online to DigiKey or Mouser electronics and find suitable replacements.

When replacing them be sure to observe the polarity markings and mount them correctly, if you reverse polarity they will explode again.

Comment

they are chinese replacements and shouldn't be electrolytics, you need .01uf at min 1000 volts (disc capacitor) they are simply for rf suppression when the bulb ignites!

Comment

RS electronics in UK should have them

Comment

What John Said. The 103 is the value, so 103 = 10,000 pico farads. Probably happened due to age.

Comment

Originally posted by John Eickhof View Post
            they are chinese replacements and shouldn't be electrolytics, you need .01uf at min 1000 volts (disc capacitor) they are simply for rf suppression when the bulb ignites!
            Good catch on that, nyuk nyuk.

You are correct, they are not elec toilet tics, but are possibly paper caps in metal cans.

Either case, some proper discs at the right voltage will fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X