Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Audio Screen 6 - opinions?

Hi there,

Could get my Hands on some pretty cheap SCREEN6 speakers, made by Martin Audio. Never Heard them before - who has experience? Both hands-on or Just listening to them.

How do they compare to JBL and QSC (my usual choice)?

Datasheet attached.

Best,
    Sascha

Screen6datasheet (1).pdf

I used Martin Audio a few times, Odeon and UCI here in the UK did too.

I have also used Martin in PA some years ago>

They are a well thought of make, here in the UK at any rate.

If they were still making cinema loudspeakers, I'd use them.

I installed a Trinnov Ovation with bi-amped Martin speakers as an demo for a customer who was ready to replace the speakers. Really their issue was the plug-in crossovers on their elderly QSC USA amplifiers. Anyway, with the Ovation doing the work those Martins really sang nicely.

Comment

I can't speak for the Martins, but I have great respect for British speaker manufacturers. I've owned a number of pair over the years and they sounded great and held up well. Currently have s pair of LS50's and matching KEF subwoofer in my home office. In past yearsI've also owned B&W and Warfdales...

Comment

I worked with Martin speakers for many years in a multiplex and they never failed despite running at pretty high levels. The 6 are good, I had 6B (double LF) and were performing well.

HF is not at JBL level - they drop above 8KHz but in my opinion they sound pretty, are well made and pretty robust speakers.

Comment

I know Martin Audio primarily from their PA speaker setups and they're generally a well respected, no nonsense professional speaker outlet. I can't say much about their cinema offerings, as you don't see them that often around here.

If this is for a private setup, I'd probably give them a try. If this would be for a commercial install, I'd usually just go with the stuff I know, because I know that will yield the expected results.

Comment

Working...
          X