Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

universal projector company, No. Hollywood, Calif.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all/ Tony. I tried to run the projectors, but the motors are dead, no power getting to them? The lights and cooling fan comes on but not the motors. Everything turns easily, even when I tried the motors, I was able to turn by hand with no resistance.I also noticed on both projectors that the motor control buttons don't light up (the stop button should be on when projectors are powered up). The other buttons (remote, sound/pic in/out) light up. I tried with remote on and off, no difference. I pulled the one fuse and the whole projector went dead, so that was not it. Is there an interlock somewhere on these (I haven't had time to really get intimate with these yet)? I made sure all the sprocket gates were closed, no difference. I looked at the those large caps, and quickly traced the red/blue wires to that relay box mounted on the lower door. I would think that even if those caps were dead, the motors would still have power and would start when I turned by hand, is that correct. A manual would be great for this.
    By the way, the projection lamp is 300W, 120V (which works), don't know about the exciter lamp Any help on this motor issue would be great. I'll have to check that relay junction box. Also, that gear with the centrifugal assy. is indeed a fire shutter , which I looked there for an interlock switch, there was none. Thank you, Rick

Comment

Hi all, no-one has any input on my motor issues? Thank you all for all of the previous help Rick

Comment

Rick,

You are at a point where you might need a tech. This is a simple issue, There's no real electronics and both machines are not working in the same way. This industry is notorious for poor documentation so you're going to have to make a ladder drawing or have a tech do it. Not knowing your level of skill but you could hot wire the motor directly from the wall and see if runs. If the projector motor runs, work your way back. There might have been some sort of remote start or stop button/relay out in the screening room or on the front wall and it's missing after the projector was removed from service. Any number of possibilities but you are there and we are not.

Also, there's no whining on Film-Tech. LOL

Comment

Sam is correct on both counts...you need a tech to look into the no motor issue. And there is no whining here...we ran out of cheese.

I was originally planning on a possible trip to L.A. soon to visit a few friends,. but I have a major health issue that has to be dealt with first and that may take more than just my time.

May I suggest you contact Bevan Wright at Moving Images Technologies, they have excellent techs who could figure it out. It will cost you some money, but well worth it. Try to schedule a full sound "A" Chain alignment in the same service call to make it worthwhile (you MUST have your cinema processor though, so get that first.) Tell Bevan that I sent you.

Comment

Thank you Sam and Tony. I have been busy with life and cheese to go with that whine so I have been gone for awhile ( I had lots of cheese ). Hope you feel better Tony stay safe and well everyone, and thank you all for your help and advice. I jave not had anytime to see what's going on with the motors, but as things are slowing down around here i will and report what I or a tech finds out. These must have been connected to some kind of remote power set up as both act the same wayrojection lamp, fans and change overs work all buttons light up on the control panel . Take care all and hope 2021 is better than 2020, Rick PS: Tony I do have a cp50 processor for the tech to do the A chain alignment I will indeed tell Bevan you sent me thank you for the referral.

Comment

Excellent. I have been overwhelmed here with a lot of stuff, including a job layoff. Thankfully the health scare was a false alarm (cancer in manland) that turned out to be nothing serious. (Skip to 1:25 on the video clip) That scene was the only thing that kept me from wanting to end my life during that crisis.

Keep us posted on what the tech finds out. I have considered the possibility that the terminals 7 and 8 are for a remote motor start switch, but I don't recall ever wiring a projector that way. Best to let an on site tech figure that one out.

Comment

I really like the Saginaw Valley State University shirt.

I have some wallpaper from there. Good school and very close to home. (6 miles)

Comment

Working...
                X