No announcement yet.

Kinoton Lamphouse Wiring Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete, it's a B2, and was running a 2kW lamp at 75A, however it's happily running a 1kW lamp at 40A at the moment. And that's good enough for me, I'm very happy with that. You're also right it doesn't autostrike, but I'm just manually striking it so that's no issue.

How am I best to measure the ripple current? There's no noticeable "wiggle" on the ammeter on the front. And obviously sticking my cheap digital multimeter in circuit would be a bad idea.

Interestingly a V shaped bit of metal has been added to it to aid airflow. Maybe this was one you serviced? I'm told it came from Disney Studios UK.

Comment

Oh that's good, it's already got the Vee baffle. I never personally went there but colleagues did. The Vee baffle mod was very common.

Measuring ripple... You won't see it on the ammeter, there's various ways of doing it. I have a suitable sensitive true RMS clamp meter which measures the DC current, and the AC current. You can then express the measured AC current as %age of the DC and there's your ripple.

You can also use an oscilloscope, I've read of people putting a solar cell in the light and looking at it's output on the 'scope.

Search on the old forum, there was good discussions on doing this.

Comment

If using a scope remember the probe is grouinded so you would need to have the scope on isolation tranformer and sitting on a isolate bench

Comment

Working...
        X