Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete newbie looking to become 35mm hobbyist - looking for advice

Hello there,

I've recently become interested in the process of 35mm film projection and am considering getting into it as a hobby. However, I have no idea where to start, what I'll need, how to go about it, etc.

My ultimate goal is that I want to set up an at-home movie theater with a 35mm projector, in order to have movie nights with friends. These would be set up in a manner similar to how a multiplex would show films, complete with trailers, advertisements, and policy snipes. All of these would be from my own personal collection, no rentals from any archives.

If anyone has any advice on the needed equipment (projector type, speakers, etc.), modification tips, or best practices, that would be very helpful.

Thank you!

Nothing here now. Removed by the poster.

Comment

Before you go to all this trouble, you first need to figure out where you're going to get prints from. Because your ability to get prints is highly unlikely - even movie theaters have problems getting 35mm prints of classic films these days and prints are made for only a few current films.

Comment

I have been informed that I am on the wrong forum for such an inquiry. I was unaware, but I do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience,

Comment

Working...
        X