CCAP/OCAP, HI/VI, 5.1/7.1/IAB (Atmos)
    Total Package Size: 264 GB

Total Run Time: 02:02:05
    Credits Start: 01:53:53
    Crawl Start: 01:55:56

Included Trailers (both CCAP and OCAP versions included):
    Wicked TLR-1
    Speak No Evil TLR-2

Heads up in case there are things you do for this: the projectionist letter for this film came with the following warning:

"The feature presentation contains sequences of flashing lights that may affect viewers who are susceptible to photosensitive epilepsy or other photosensitivities."

Comment

No request to "play it LOUD!" like the last one had?

Comment

None that I'm aware of.

Comment

Mike, when you say "the last one," are you referring to the original 1996 Twister? I wouldn't know anything about the specifications for that film unfortunately. Was before my time.

Comment

Yes, it came with a special note in the film cans saying that it was specifically mixed to be played LOUD and to please play it that way otherwise the movie would lose its effectiveness. So we followed instructions and it was awesome!

I still have the note around here somewhere, I kept it because it was so unique. (I put a copy in the can.)

Comment

Time for Universal to bring back and introduce a new generation to SENSURROUND(c) for their new film Twisters. Put in the new version of Cerwin Vega(c) big base speakers, .they will make Dolby Atmos(c) sound pale to the earthquake type sound this system had. Shake the place up for 'Twisters' The movie crowds will hear something they can't get at home.

Comment

Just tested the movie this morning and it's definitely an interesting mix. The dialogue appears to be louder than the music and SFX. I guess it's possible that's the intention so the SFX have more of an impact. Whenever someone screams, however, it's like they're screaming right in your ear. For now I'm upping the sound levels a bit so the SFX still have an impact but the screams aren't too loud.

Comment

I tested the sound in our Dolby Atmos house at the theater I manage yesterday to set fader levels for our Early Access screening. Watched the first ten minutes at 7 on the Dolby Fader and determined that it was loud and effective, but not overbearing or uncomfortable. Very impressive overhead applications and low frequency force - I didn't notice the dialogue issue noted above. I ran the show at 7 for an audience and the customers I spoke to seemed very impressed and appreciative of the sound quality in our theater, so I was pretty pleased.

Its a shame Twisters will only have one week in premium screens - I suspect Deadpool and Wolverine will not be nearly as interesting to listen to in Atmos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Blakesley View Post
                    Yes, it came with a special note in the film cans saying that it was specifically mixed to be played LOUD and to please play it that way otherwise the movie would lose its effectiveness. So we followed instructions and it was awesome!

I still have the note around here somewhere, I kept it because it was so unique. (I put a copy in the can.)
                    It was, and was so cool; my local THX theater had it taped to the ticket windows so people could choose to see it elsewhere if they so desired.

Comment

As you might expect from me, major kudos for playing a feature at 7.0. ❤️

Comment

Originally posted by William Kucharski View Post
                        As you might expect from me, major kudos for playing a feature at 7.0. ❤️
                        I do it when I can. Depends on the mix. I’ve decided to take over the tech screenings of movies for our Atmos house to ensure sound is matched to the quality of the space. Twisters was more than worthy - I’ve seen it three times just to hang with that great mix.

Comment

Working...
                        X