Disney's Haunted Mansion (2023)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney's Haunted Mansion (2023)

Watched this fun Disney 'Haunted Mansion' movie today at the Cinelux Cinema Scotts Valley CA near Santa Cruz at 11:15 AM In Theatre Special on a nice size curved scope screen. Only 3 people in the seats and no one in the D Box extra $ rows

The Barbie ,Oppenheimer and Turtle movies had a good early matinee crowd.

The new film 'Haunted Mansion' had many great special effects and the stereo surround sounded great from 3 sides of the wall speakers. No Dolby Atmos in the Santa Cruz area so far plus no Imax Theatres either. Wish It was filmed in 3D but I don't think It was but looked like they had planned to do so with many pop out effects in 2D.

Most about 75% of the movie was shot very dark ,not bright at all. I'd hate to see It at a drive in theatre.

The cast was excellent liked Danny DeVito along with the little kid Chase Dillon plus Owen Wilson as the priest. Jamie Lee Curtis looked great in the crystal ball. Tiffany Haddish was excellent.

Like I wrote in another post here this 'Haunted Mansion' Disney movie is doing bad at the boxoffice. I don't think people don't like It, It's they went to see other films last week. Should have been released around Halloween October time not now.

I am sure many Disney people will asked to leave making this bad program release date mix up. Maybe the family crowd will get tired of Barbie and go see It before It is released to TV streaming. Many theatres will probably drop It later this week. Save for a midnight showing around Halloween time in Oct ?

They are starting to show previews now for the 2023 November & Christmas movies. Can't believe another 'Wonka' movie is coming out for the Holidays. They need to leave this classic movie alone. . Because of the strike I wonder If any of these new late year movies will be finished for the big screen?

Many theatres will probably drop It later this week. Save for a midnight showing around Halloween time in Oct ?
    It would be perfect for that. But it won't happen because Disney, in their infinite wisdom, doesn't allow their movies to be booked for single shows, they want the screen all to themselves.

What they should do is, they ought to pull it off the market completely and re-issue it for a "limited run" on October 27, maybe with a new spookier edit, or something. Make an event out of it. Do SOMETHING right this year.

I'm a little mystified why they can't seem to pull off a Haunted Mansion movie and have it be successful. The ride is exceptionally popular in all of their worldwide parks, and this movie apparently has plenty of callbacks to the ride. I guess people just aren't doing Disney this year. Add it to the growing list of their 2023 movies that we haven't played.

Comment

Working...
    X