I.s.s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.s.s.

Every once in a while I play a movie here simply because I want to see it myself.

I.S.S. would be one of those.

For anyone who's not familiar with the story idea, there are Russian and American astronauts together on the International Space Station when war breaks out below and each side gets ordered to take control of the space station "by any means necessary".

It's a low budget movie and it shows in some ways since the whole movie takes place on the space station so all they needed to build for sets was one space station. A few industrial-looking rooms with imposing looking switches and displays on the wall and you're all set.

The movie is a fine example of doing more with less, though. It does a first-rate job of showing the claustrophobic elements of everyone living on top of each other in what amounts to a large tin can, and the focus of the movie is on how the people react to a situation where they have limited (or really no) information about what's going on outside of the tiny area that they are confined to.

Confinement and consequences flowing from inadequate information are the focus of the movie. In short, it ain't action packed. But it gets pretty intense.

I quite enjoyed watching I.S.S. and I'm glad I got it to play here. Now I'll find out if anyone else in town wants to see it over this coming week.

I do love the tagline. "It turns out that in space, they can hear you scream."
Working...
X