Furiosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furiosa

Furiosa is a Mad Max movie and it's pretty much what you expect to see in a Mad Max movie. Lots of engines revving, with shotgun blasts, explosions, and desiccated skulls getting crushed under vehicle wheels.

Some of the visuals are really stunning. The post-apocalyptic landscapes and the vehicles are worth seeing on their own; add a fairly decent story and lots of action and you end up with something that's really a lot of fun to see.

I've always liked the Mad Max movies.

You and I are polar opposites when it comes to those movies. I've never seen the appeal of them. Just like the Fast and Furious movies, I don't really get the appeal of those either. For one movie, sure, but repeatedly?

Comment

Fast and Furious -- they've definitely run those into the ground.

From stealing DVD players and now they're hijacking nuclear submarines and space stations.

Even the first one didn't really turn my crank all that much. Standard issue action movie, they make 'em (or at least made 'em) by the shedload.

Comment

With this one, I largely agree with Frank. The F&F movies have become more of a parody of itself, while the Mad Max movies always were more like an anthology in the "Mad Max Universe", this movie happens to be somewhat of a prequel of the last movie. There's still quite some unexplored stuff in the Mad Max universe, to keep it interesting, at least for me. The visuals of this new movie are indeed pretty stunning, just like the last one. There's plenty of action, maybe even a bit too much action?

So, while I mostly liked this new Mad Max movie, my biggest gripe with it was that the ending was pretty slow (as in story progression, not so much in action) and repetitive (a lot of similar action). It could easily been 20 to 30 minutes shorter and I guess I would've liked it more then.

Comment

I'm a fan of the franchise... but I can't read "Furiosa" without giving it the Harry Potter flare... "Furiosá"
          A spell for casting mad max vibes onto any object or person.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher View Post
            I'm a fan of the franchise... but I can't read "Furiosa" without giving it the Harry Potter flare... "Furiosá"
            A spell for casting mad max vibes onto any object or person.
            Hey, many thanks for ruining that movie for me.

Greetings,
            Joe Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
            X