• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Cassedy
    replied
    A friend sent me this photo-
    FudgeSign.jpg
    I looked online and this place actually exists! It's one of those tourist trap rest stop type of
    places along old US Route 66 in rural Missouri. Their equally amusing and cringe-worthy
    slogan is: "What happens in Uranus, stays in Uranus"

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cassedy
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin McCaffery View Post
    Heh. I recently got a hard drive in a pelican shipping
    case inside a box with a similar amount of padding as yours..
    Lol- there was actually another whole layer of foam bricks I removed to take the photo.

Originally posted by Martin McCaffery View Post
    . . Send it back the way you got it. .

That's my usual policy, except when a box arrives so beat up that it wouldn't
    be wise to ship it back in the same one.

Leave a comment:

• Martin McCaffery
    replied
    Heh. I recently got a hard drive in a pelican shipping case inside a box with a similar amount of padding as yours.
    Send it back the way you got it. If it is a print from a private collector they can be very protective of their babies.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cassedy
    replied
    I handle a lot of different films from a lot of different sources, and like many of you who
    do the same, I have received films in a lot of different packages, including burlap sacks
    and a 12 reel double feature packed into a footlocker. So I wasn't all that surprised when
    I received a film last week in a U-Haul moving box:

FilmBox.jpg

Well, this is a new one- - - a perfectly good, practically new ICC shipping case that was
    shrink wrapped and then shipped INSIDE of a well padded box. Seems like a bit of overkill to me.

CanInBox.jpg

I've met some "new" projection-people who don't know how to properly tape down
    reel-ends, or who don't know what 'reel-bands' are, or how to use them. . but I've
    never met one who didn't understand the concept of a SHIPPING case. . . .

(so, should I ship it back to them in this box, or just use the ICC case as God intended?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 11-20-2023, 12:31 PM. Reason: I Spelled "ICC" Wrong! d'oh!

Leave a comment:

• Randy Stankey
    replied
    Wreckless? You mean wreckFUL driving. Don't you?

Leave a comment:

• James Biggins
    replied
    Wreckless
    Sub-editors are a dying breed.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    image.png

"Wreckless" ?! Looks rather like a wreck to me...

Welton-Checkpoint-Crash-1-640x480.jpg

Source.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    image.png

Source.

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied
    I'm still holding out for the Atleas!

Leave a comment:

• Mark Gulbrandsen
    replied
    I wonder if anyone at Dolby ever knew about this???
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Seen while running cables through a ceiling void (into which a projector enclosure is built) at a site:

deceased_HDDs.jpg

I know that the Dia de los Muertos is only a month away, but I didn't know that hard drives have anything to do with it!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Here's a stark example of UK/US cultural differences. Our little one's school had a book/toy fair fundraiser yesterday evening...

poof_balls.jpg

In British slang, "poof" is a highly uncomplimentary term for a male homosexual!

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied
    lemo-23-august.jpg1234567890

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied
    co230813.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    I've noticed over the years that pretty much any media coverage of hydrogen energy production has to include a gratuitous mention of the Hindenburg. This one goes one better, filling half the page with a photo:

hindenburg.png

The ironic thing is that the Hindenburg (and other hydrogen-inflated rigid airships) didn't even use hydrogen in the way that the article is about - burning it, to release energy (when that did happen, it was unintentional) - but rather, to provide aerostatic lift. But it seems that as a readily available cliche to reach for, this one never gets old.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X