No announcement yet.

Random photos, comics, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." - Montgomery Scott (James Doohan, RIP)

Microdork's Winblows OS is a prime example.

I have gone through the steps to disable and remove all the bloatware from Winblows 11, only to have it magically reappear every time it tries to do updates, which I have set to do manually....but somehow it reinstalls/re-enables services that I have disabled.

My next step will be to block connections to Winblows updates on my firewall.

Comment

• Tony, Don't use W-11... I had it on one computer and replaced it with 10. It's awful... You can still get 10 COA's easily, then.download it from MS's site. Microsoft is rethinking the future support for it too, as in they will likely extend doing the updates. Possibly on a subscription basis. As awful as 11 is, and the stuff I've read about 12, I can imagine some new OS coming along and everyone switching to it. I'm sticking with 10 till hell freezes over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
        Tony, Don't use W-11... I had it on one computer and replaced it with 10. It's awful... You can still get 10 COA's easily, then.download it from MS's site. Microsoft is rethinking the future support for it too, as in they will likely extend doing the updates. Possibly on a subscription basis. As awful as 11 is, and the stuff I've read about 12, I can imagine some new OS coming along and everyone switching to it. I'm sticking with 10 till hell freezes over.
        I am staying with Win10 as well.

BTW: You can install Win10 on a digitally activated Win11 machine. It has to be the same version (Home or Pro).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post

I am staying with Win10 as well.

BTW: You can install Win10 on a digitally activated Win11 machine. It has to be the same version (Home or Pro).
          When I got my HP Z2, I loaded 10 Pro on and no activation was required. It had an embeded liscense on it for 11 Pro. So I assume this is what you are referring to.
          I have a number of 10 and 11 Pro install disks here, but it's much faster to download the latest install from Microsoft as it always includes the latest updates and that makes installation time much faster.

Comment

Working...
          X