Custom Printed Popcorn Bags/buckets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Printed Popcorn Bags/buckets?

Does anyone use custom printed popcorn bags with their logo or an advertiser? I can't find a good source online (we are in Canada but a lot of things come in from the USA).

We have an advertiser interested in putting their logo on our popcorn bags. Maybe we can have a solution where we just use a decal, but trying to find some prices for the different options if anyone has experience with it

They aren't popcorn bags, but I had custom printed bags for my cotton candy made for me by Shipper's Supply. They have/had a storefront in Regina which is where I went, but google tells me that Shipper's Suppl is now https://www.spicers.ca/

I designed my graphic with a desktop publishing program and they printed it directly onto my cotton candy bags. If they can do that I don't see why they couldn't do popcorn bags.

cottoncandy.jpg

Comment

In the past I've had large stickers printed and we just stuck them on unbranded cups and bags. Those stickers were pretty cheap and I just ordered them from one of the bigger local on-line printing businesses that allow you to do all the pre-press stuff on-line. For the limited runs we needed, that solution was a lot cheaper than having those items custom printed. In those cases, we ordered stickers with a clear background, so you could stick them on almost anything with a somewhat straight surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
        In the past I've had large stickers printed and we just stuck them on unbranded cups and bags. Those stickers were pretty cheap and I just ordered them from one of the bigger local on-line printing businesses that allow you to do all the pre-press stuff on-line. For the limited runs we needed, that solution was a lot cheaper than having those items custom printed. In those cases, we ordered stickers with a clear background, so you could stick them on almost anything with a somewhat straight surface.
        Yes, the clear background is actually a great idea. Will probably look a lot better.

I suspect that is going to be the answer.

Comment

I started out with stickers for my cotton candy bags, but pasting all of those stickers on the bags (and getting them straight!) got old really fast...

Comment

I've looked into custom printed popcorn and soda containers before but the cost always scared me away, especially with soda cups -- I think Pepsi must sell them to us at cost. I haven't checked on popcorn buckets in quite a while though... lately it's been hard to get even the generic ones.

Comment

I think the move towards a greener society will see popcorn cups vanish. I've already seen the disposable - biodegradable popcorn bags at Regal.,.. Am thinking that's the future for popcorn...

Comment

I prefer cups to bags and I think cups can nowadays be as green as bags can be. I've seen a new generation of paper cups recently, which are made from 100% recycled material and are 99%+ bio-degradable and which are suited for coffee. Larger cups made from that same material, should be usable for popcorn too.

I really hope they find a suitable solution for straws though, those paper straws simply feel awful in your mouth and start to degrade inside the cup too after a while. There are bio-degradable plastics out there, McDonald's is already using them for the lids of their drinking cups over here, so I wonder why they aren't making the straws out of the same material.

Originally posted by Frank Cox View Post
                I started out with stickers for my cotton candy bags, but pasting all of those stickers on the bags (and getting them straight!) got old really fast...
                About two years ago, when the pandemic hit, we started to produce sanitizing gel and spray en-masse, for the local community, hospitals and care centers. I got my extended family together and we labeled several thousand bottles that way. After a while, you're getting the hang on putting on those labels in a straight way. Besides a complete lack of capacity at that time, labeling the bottles ourselves, was far cheaper than ordering them pre-labeled.

Comment

Have you tried Color Ad? They're located in Manitoba and manufacture popcorn bags for USA and Canada.

Comment

custom imprinted cups and bags are available from most major manufacturers, however Mike is correct, not only an expensive set-up and print cost, but there is usually a minimum quantity order that would probably supply the typical small town theatre for a hundred years or more! not to mention requiring a warehouse larger than your auditorium to store the inventory! basically not practical for a small operation. I know that Bagcraft (www.bagcraft.com) used to custom print their line of leak resistant bags but there was a set-up fee, minimum orders and minimum year orders to sustain the printing, I preferred the stock bags and used them for years. .I also preferred their bags over popcorn cups and boxes as they were the quietest of bags and save a heck of a lot of trashcan space unlike cups or folding boxes.
                    Last edited by John Eickhof; 04-13-2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X