Specifically-dated one-sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specifically-dated one-sheets

I don't like release dates on one-sheets because we don't play everything on the break, but I understand why they're there. Still, I hate how the studios keep putting things like

ONLY IN THEATERS JUNE 28

or

ONLY IN THEATRES MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

on their onesheets. It makes it sound like the movie is only in theaters for one day, or one weekend.

I know that the typical filmgoer is smart enough to know the July 9 doesn't mean "ONLY" July 9, but it's psychological. It just reinforces the notion that the movie is barely going to touch the carpeting in the theaters before it gets flushed to video.

They should use phrasing like "Starts July 9" or "Opening July 9 Exclusively in Theaters" to imply that it's going to have some legs.

If they did that, maybe the legs would actually happen.

You have a valid point.

Same thing with the trailers. I used to be able to trim the dates off when they were on film but with dcp's I'm stuck with them (unless I want to go through a lot of extra work, I suppose, and I don't.)

My solution with the posters:

273px-Duct-tape.jpg

Comment

I use black electrical tape or white label stickers. If I know the date we're getting the film, I'll print the date on a sticker and cover the "wrong" date.

If the date is way up in the middle of the poster or otherwise obnoxious, I've tried using Photoshop to scrub the date off, then reprint just that section on a sticker, but results vary.

Comment

I have a roll of black duct tape and a roll of white duct tape so I just pick one of those.

Comment

I'm just happy if I receive the one sheet uncrushed. I'd wager 1/3 of the poster tubes are dented or worse during shipment due to the "upgrade" to cheaper triangle tubes.

Comment

I think it's kind of funny when a movie production goes over schedule and pushes back the release date a few weeks or even a few months. I have a large "Titanic" teaser banner with a "Collide With Destiny" headline and "Summer" as the release period. The movie's release was delayed to December.

Comment

When we remodeled, someone had ordered the wrong size poster cases and put them up before I knew it. Luckily I had ordered the correct size and it was used for the "Now Showing" one sheets.

The wrong size ones were placed in the coming attractions side. Luckily enough, they are just ever so slightly under-sized so I have to fold the bottom end up just enough that it usually covers up the date. Works out for this thread's very reason.

We were going to replace the wrong cases but after seeing the prices for the correct cases I figured I can live with it.

Comment

Working...
              X