Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Road contact

Hello,

I'm looking to get the Marksman at my theater and I'm having problems finding a contact at the distributor. Does anyone have a contact for Open Road Films? I've tried a few different numbers that I've found on the internet, primarily the archives here, but they just ring and no person or machine answers.

Thanks!

They went out of business in October 2018. I believe that some of the people involved in it started a new company called Global Road, but whether or not they hold the rights to Open Road's movies, I couldn't tell you.

In June 2018 Open Road hired the company I work for to remove the projection and audio equipment from the booth in their LA screening room, and store it pending reinstallation at a new site. The company went Chapter 11 while it was in storage at our shop. It stayed there until October 2019, when we were contacted by the administrator who was winding down the company. They collected it shortly afterwards.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that but I also saw that they got rolled into eOne so I assumed they were still operating in some capacity since Honest Thief came out in 2020 and the Marksman came out last month, both attributed to the company in all the articles I saw about them.

Everything I have says they're the people I should be talking to but maybe it's Briarcliff Entertainment which I also saw listed as a distributor? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Any guidance on making contact with someone about this would be appreciated.

Comment

Imdb has the company listing as: 310 248 3300. Of course the webpage they have listed is dead, so the phone may be also. But they do have The Marksman listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg McGuire View Post
          Yeah, I saw that but I also saw that they got rolled into eOne so I assumed they were still operating in some capacity since Honest Thief came out in 2020 and the Marksman came out last month, both attributed to the company in all the articles I saw about them.

Everything I have says they're the people I should be talking to but maybe it's Briarcliff Entertainment which I also saw listed as a distributor? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Any guidance on making contact with someone about this would be appreciated.
          It is Briarcliff that you need to talk to - don't have contact info since my film buyer handles that stuff - but Briarcliff is definitely correct.

Comment

OpenRoad got fresh capital in 2019 and is currently an operating company, making movies. Still, their distribution partner for the Marksman is Briarcliff, so it makes sense to contact them first.

Comment

Working...
            X