ICP Recovery NEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICP Recovery NEC

I still have a corrupt ICP board of our NC2000C lying around.
    Can someone send me the NEC recovery procedure?
    I only have the Barco procedure available and do not know exactly whether other steps besides direct router contact are required.
    Maybe I can bring the board back to life and use it as a spare part.
    The marriage procedure is not a problem

Best regards
    Torsten

I do have an NEC recovery package: it has the recovery program, an old version ICP/Enigma control program, and an instruction pdf. This ends up with ICP v3.1 "base" software installed, then you need to update it to current (v4.5.454 as of now) the normal way. I don't see this or any newer recovery package on the NEC partner site, probably one must request it from support.
    Can you pm me with an email address, I will try and send it or a link. The zip file is around 13MB.
    Note that the Barco process will fail in the final step, "Load login list". I don't know if it will still work in an NEC projector, or if the NEC recovery procedure can save a board after the Barco recovery is tried.

Comment

Not all NEC ICP's can be recovered. I have NEC data in my file I will try to locate that explains which ones can and can't be recovered. I have only had two fail. One during the battery change, and one from a nearby lightening strike at a drive in. Neither of those could be recovered. Of course, either way it is certainly worth a try on a ~$3000USD board...

Comment

Torsten, Send me your email address. I found the data that I had gotten from The main NEC field service Tech in Austraila. Since he was the one that made up the Bullitens I don't feel I can post them on here. There are quite a few details in it about when you can and when you can not recover an ICP, and which ones you can and can not recover based on part number. I will just foreword his email which has it all.

Mark

Comment

Does someone know which NEC upgrade software package contains ICP 4.5x?

Comment

Service pack v4.3.x (all subversions) use ICP release "4.5", after installation the versions list from the projector shows 4.5.454

Comment

Torsten, Email sent....

For those wondering which one can not be recovered, it is ICP board V1.5 that should not be reformatted. That is NEC PN 7N951721 ICP Board 1.5 2509274-00007 It is also a 16 meg ICP, so telling the two 16 meg versions apart can only be done through the part number. The last new ICP I installed about two years ago was a Ver 1.5.

Mark
              Last edited by Mark Gulbrandsen; 02-16-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

You can try to do it with barco icp recovery procedure, in fact that isn't from either barco/nec/christie, but from texas instruments. Actualy it is batch file written to get things done automatic. Also, you can use Ti control software and when connected to icp you can do it manual by reset, formatting, installing version per version etc.......i did try more than few times and it went ok only once, all other times either it did not want to install in either icp memory slot a or b, either icp failed again after some time.

Comment

I tried the Barco recovery program on a NEC ICP. The process failed on the last step "loading login list". I have not tried this board in an NEC yet, it may or may not work.
                  Maybe different brands get ICPs with different high level passwords much like with Enigma LD modules, for example a Christie LD won't work in a NEC projector although the modules look identical.
                  Have you done a recovery on a NEC ICP board using the Barco software, and the board works afterward?

Comment

I actually did it with the Barco recovery program to an NC-2000, but only one time and this was back when we were still running TI Version 1.0, and even before the Auto Update feature existed in DCC. It worked on that ICP, but I never had to do it again until well into the life of the firmware and did it then with NEC's own Recovery program. I don't off hand remember the version of T.I. where the ICP had to be reformatted again in order to load the firmware, but they all got done at that update and all with the NEC program again.

Mark.

Comment

How long does the entire procedure actually take. I would like to do it this weekend.

Torsten

Comment

I would allow an hour the first time around. You have to connect to a different NIC on the back plane, so you need to remove all covers.

Comment

As from my experiance all icp boards are same.........and if something during procedure will go bad so, it means that icp flash is probably demaged or board itself. Something like one hour is needed for full procedure if it will go ok, also if not you can try few times.......

Comment

Marin, No, they not all the same. There are three types of ICP. The first type of board has 8 meg of ram ends in 0004, the second type has 16 megs and ends in 0005. The third and current type of ICP can not be saved by the ICP control program and you will end up corrupting the RAM and ruin the board. that one ends in 0007. These are the last four digits of the NEC part number, you will have to transpond that over to Barco and Christie to see what boards on theors can and can not be.

Mark.

Comment

To correct myself, i was refering to that ICP board can be swapped between projector brands (with front cover exchange and maybee needed software upgraade/reinstall). Not that every board itself is same, and there you're info is correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X