New DCI Compliant LED Cinema Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DCI Compliant LED Cinema Screen

Unilumin UC-A41 LED Cinema Screen passed the tests of DCI and Unilimin has thus become China's first DCI-Certified LED Display enterprise., which means Unilumin gained full access to the opportunities of the Cinema LED market. You can follow Unilumin on LinkedIn
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Ya gotta love the graphic representation of their "3D LED SCREEN" on their website!
    3D_LCD_SCRN.jpg

Comment

LOL, that is a hoot! Looking again, they all have 3D glasses on...

Comment

daf50abd-ed21-4f39-99d2-cfcca08cb275.jpg
        I'm wondering what happened to the front speakers. I see some contraptions above the screen that look a bit like a horizontal line array, are those the speakers? And the bass? Maybe they put in an array of speakers under the screen?

Comment

Back in the days of the Glen Bergren compound curved screens they put the speakers.either above or below depending on the room. There were compact speaker systems available back then tjat were utilized. But that was a short lived screen.system as it required a special frame, solid screen and vacuum pump. The couple I watched movies on had speakers above and it was obvious. But they had phenominal light distribution, but really crappy sound. In the case of LED screens I'd look into Meyer Sound. They make some amazing systems in pretty small boxes. Expensive though...

Comment

Those torus screens AMC used to deploy for a while also had their speakers above the screen. Maybe with more modern speaker designs you can improve on that design, but I found those rooms severely lacking and the torus screen was often so deformed, it created all kinds of weird image artifacts. So, whatever they were doing back then, wasn't working.

I think we either need some kind of perforated screen or some solution like my OLED is using, which is using the screen itself as a transducer.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
              Those torus screens AMC used to deploy for a while also had their speakers above the screen. Maybe with more modern speaker designs you can improve on that design, but I found those rooms severely lacking and the torus screen was often so deformed, it created all kinds of weird image artifacts. So, whatever they were doing back then, wasn't working.

I think we either need some kind of perforated screen or some solution like my OLED is using, which is using the screen itself as a transducer.
              Yes, it was the Torus I was referring to above. Since LED screens are in their infancy, there are still lots of things to be done to them so they can fit in easier...

Comment

Working...
              X