DOA GDC SR-1000 4k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOA GDC SR-1000 4k

I have this coupled with an NEC NC900 its been working great. Went to boot up the system today and the GDC is DOA. I reseated it with no luck. It is about 1.5 years old. I think it is still under warranty and if so sending it in for service is an obvious solution but wondering if anyone has any ideas to try that would save me the downtime while its being repaired. Thx

The term DOA is a bit confusing in this context, as it means Dead on Arrival, as in: It was dead when it arrived in the box, but as you stated, it worked before.

But the thing is entirely dead, no LED indicators burning or flashing? Anything that could lead to a clue?

Comment

Marcel, it has been working fine from the day it was purchased. Now it is completely dead. No LED lights, nothing lights up. I am going to swap out another SR-1000 from another projector to make sure it is not the NEC projector.
      Last edited by Alan Gouger; 09-18-2021, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I was about to suggest that - rule out a bad power supply from the projector's motherboard. Do you have another projector that you can swap that SR-1000 into?

I would far, far rather wait a couple of days for an RMA warranty replacement IMS to arrive, than go through the hell of disassembling an NC900 to swap out the motherboard!

Comment

Turns out the NEC has a dead IMB slot. Im going to start another thread with the appropriate title.

Comment

Working...
          X