Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Projector Advice

Howdy gang!

Finally, thanks to the power of Spider-Man, got our hands on an NEC 4K laser projector and a GDC SR1000.

As you guys warned me before, alternative content defintiely has that monochromatic feeling to it.

But are there any neat trips or tricks to help refine the picture quality, or any regular errors or bugs you guys run into
    with these that I should anticipate?

Thanks for everything!

Is your projector set up properly? There are separate settings for color on alternative content. Once you get say Blue Ray set up properly all the settings for Blue Ray... IE Lens setting, Color Setting, etc are all tied together in a macro. Then that macro is made accessible on one of the front panel buttons. I only installed NEC during the switch from film since I had had zero problems with their Series 1 stuff.... mainly to make life easier for my customers and myself. Most of my customers run Blu-Rays once in a while and they look really nice overall... I'm not going to push laser on anyone yet. It still has some issues, mainly color, Xenon is gonna be around a long time to come, and the cost to re-laser when it comes time, is frightfully high. The best use of it right now would be in situations where the projector may be permanently mounted up on a ceiling or some hard to access location.

Comment

Working...
    X