NEC software won't stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEC software won't stick

I have 3 NC 20000 and NC 1200C machines, and installed 5.1.8.11 a few weeks ago
    Upon revisiting the site, I find that all of the software versions are mismatched.
    I can reinstall again, but any ideas why the update didn't stick?
    TIA

Hi Phil,
    Very Interesting, Not an issue that I have ever come across working on NEC for a long time. Dependent on the Firmware package you are installing your version of DCC may be old, as yours is the previous version. The current version of DCC is 6.000 If you were installing 4.319 it requires DCC6.000
    Did you AC power cycle the projector at the end of the update as this is quite important also.

Cheers Fraser

Comment

Power cycled, yes.
      I was installing 4.319 and am using DCC 6.0.0.0 on my laptop.
      Next time I'm there I'll try again, but still wondering what's going on.

Comment

Hi Phil,
        Truly bizarre, not something I have ever struck. I have updated a large number of NEC NCS2 to 4.319 with DCC 6000 with no problems. The only other thing that comes to mind, would be if you may have exited the update process without using the "update end" button in a moment of haste.

Cheers Fraser

Comment

I tend to not update with the latest version.in any.piece of equipment. I only use the latest version if it includes new lamp data for a lamp the customer wants to switch to, or some major T.I. upgrade, and that has not happened in quite a while. Even though I have never had issues with NEC firmware, new firmware can be buggy which is why I give it three to six months before installing. The company that has had buggy firmware is Christie. But Ii stopped even dealing with their products because it happened three times to me. It may also be that somehow your firmware has become corrupt.

You guys should have been doing NEC before the auto updater. It sometimes took 5 or 6 hours to update early NEC S-2 projectors.

Comment

Six hours?

Comment

Sometimes.. I remember being at Mike Blakeley theater in Forsyth, MT, he has the second NC-2000 I installed. and the first update I did kept failing about 3 or 4 steps in? So after about 3 hours I shut everything down and went for a drive for an.hour. Came back and tried it again and that step loaded right in.. I think the quickest one was about 4 hours. The firmware would often fail to load in completely. That went on for about a year until the auto updater came to be.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                Agreed the manual process was slow, I never had issues with NEC S2 updates failing though. I have had NC1000 updates fail though, a couple just required re applying the package. Another turned the FMT PCB into a turnip, and yes as always I do the FMT self test prior to starting an update.

Cheers Fraser

Comment

Working...
                X