No announcement yet.

Automating Crestron CLS-C6W lighting system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce, If they have teamviewer access to a computer that we can download software onto and be connected to their processor we have a Crestron programmer who could probably help. If not Boston is a lot closer to maine than Pittsburgh. Do they have a regu;ar service tech?

Comment

He had mentioned that his service tech is at least an hour away. He could already be a customer. I think he's like dead center in Maine. I don't remember the business details but it made sense for him to avoid the $$$ although he is upgrading the projector. He has the one modified keypad that the JNIOR can control although we can't confirm that the keypad is functional or had ever been before I messed with it. So I suppose that if we can add that keypad to his system he'd be all set. If you email me directly I can hook you up.

Comment

I know this costs money, but I've had good success with 2nd hand Lutron equipment, that you can talk to over RS-232 or IP. Could rip the Crestron out and replace with Lutron for around $500 US.

Comment

He has 2 screens and I think he has Kneisley dimmers, if I am spelling that correctly, in the other house which we are already controlling. It's a non-profit and they also do performing arts. I think he more doesn't want to disrupt things that much.

Comment

Kniesley dimmers are the Smart design and use dry contact pulses to control

Comment

yeah can they just go completely around the crestron and hit the dry contacts on the dimmer itself or do they need the feedback on the crestron panel?

Comment

Working...
              X