Qsc dcp 300 advice requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qsc dcp 300 advice requested

My first install of a QSC DCP 300 was great. The second not so much... all the "highs" are gone. . TWO PROBLEMS.....I want to learn more about "tuning" this system to my existing JBL speakers. AND I want to add JBL SPEAKER "drivers" where can I find these files? Any manuals for service/install ? Ideas welcome

QSC has manuals on their web site. As for the highs being gone, does your configuration match? When QSC was selling their DCM 1-3 and then the DCM 10-30, they were more open to other speaker brands because they had not started their own (or had just started). So, they had configurations. By the time of the DCP processors, QSC had their own speakers and, consequently, concentrated on those. That said, they do have some configurations of other brands. I believe they are just the basics...crossover points, delays (watch out for those, I've found them to not be great, even for QSC speakers).

Make sure, under "general" you've selected the type of speaker you are using (2-way, 3-way...etc.). Then click on any of the speaker icons and click on "Load"." the Default database has several speaker brands, including JBL. So, if you are using 2-ways, you'll find the JBL speakers of that era like the 4622 and the 4675. If you are using a different model and have particular settings (would need to be provided by the manufacturer), then you can modify existing settings and save them as one of YOUR "custom" speaker settings. Beware, DSPs function differently so how QSC and others create their filters may (and often) not match up so just blindly putting in settings that JBL would have made for a Drive Rack 260 (dbx brand owned by Harman, which also owns JBL) may be close but not an exact fit and might need some tweaking to get a best-fit.

Comment

If thrre's more tuning available than the limited parametrics in the speaker popups, I can't find it.
      The manual is... weak.
      This is an unusual setup with L & R passive and C 2-way.

Comment

With 2 PEQ per section and then 6 PEQs for the system. You get quite a few PEQs. On top of that, you get Bass and Treble for the system with setable frequencies, screen loss and CD horn compensation with LF cutoff/boost. That is already quite a bit. But, there is also the graphic EQ button so you can have that on TOP of the PEQ stuff.

Having a mixed system of passive and biamped can be tricky. You can "custom" set the Left/Right to have a cutoff filter on the LF to 20000Hz so it is effectively fully range output.

What the DCP won't let you do is custom assign your outputs with any granularity. So, if you wanted to use a single dataport for left and Right, you'll be making custom cables.

Comment

Dave..... the only difference between QSC DCP 300 installs is the use of a BREAKOUT / ADAPTER CARD IN CINEMA 2. THE PROBLEM CINEMA. I think we used a DOLBY 650 CARD not a QSC CARD

Comment

Thanks, Steve. I was under a deadline as a scheduled show was getting close. I think the crossover low pass filter set to 20K will work - if anything will - for the passive channels. The EQ really has to be looked into as the biamped channel is far from good as well. I used the same speaker settings as on the DCM-30 that was removed so it should have worked. That good old "it should have worked" is a killer...
            With time short and sounding like ass with no great idea how to fix it I recommended going back with the CP650 setup since it had been fine. Naturally the CP650 decided to die just then. The EX card expired, I think. No 8ch digital format would work. Tried reseating but no luck, I had to go back to the DCP300 with very very little time left.

Comment

Working...
            X