X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doremi SHowVault loosing storage space

Hello masters.
    Im looking for a little help.

Since I installed the GDC TMS in our 14 screens cinema I have noticed that the storage space of my ShowVaultserver has decreased in capacity. I think maybe there are residues of content left that do not remove when i erase content.
    Isthere away to clean the orphan assets like Christie IMBs in a Doremi?

Thanks a lot for your help and have a great weekend.

Mike Moreno
    Mexico

The Doremi GUI has an option to clean orphan assets as well.

https://support.uniquehelpdesk.com/h...sh-from-Doremi

Comment

Diagnostic tool/storage/analyze, pick disk cleanup, proceed. A list of things with wasted space comes up, check all and go. Repeat until all are zero, some will just move up one.
      There is also a script to run in console but I think you need to be root to run it and I'm not sure if it does better than above.

Comment

It could also be that the GDC won't delete stuff from the Doremi that was on it when the GDC TMS was first connected (i.e. stuff that the GDC didn't put there).

If all the content you need is on the new TMS, my suggestion would be to nuke the Doremi's RAID, reinitialize it, and start over. If you have any drives with a significant number of reallocated sectors on the Doremi, now would also be a good (as in, non-disruptive) time to replace them.

Comment

Thanks for your help.
          The procedure clean all the orphan assets. now it has enough space.

Comment

Working...
          X