Relays Have Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harold Hallikainen View Post
    On semiconductors going end of life, Rochester Electronics licenses the original design and continues manufacturing when the original manufacturer quits. https://www.rocelec.com/manufacturers/rei . I suspect these are mostly parts that are used in very high dollar products like military, aerospace, etc. But, some parts are being maintained after the original manufacturer discontinues them.
    I've encountered some of their components in some medical gear in the past. I guess the current situation is different though. TI, for example, hasn't declared the LM2675M to be EOL, but simply decided not to produce any new batches at this moment as they're giving priority to something else. For whatever reasons, all fabs seem to be busy with not producing the chips the industry needs, but rather the more modern ICs, which sell at better margins...

Comment

Rochester Electronics!

One of my very first jobs, was in a factory here in Fife, Scotland. They made process control, alarm annunciator systems and PCB assembly for defense, aerospace, medical and other specilalist industries.

The first week it was Highland Electronics.

The next week it was Highland- Rochester Electronics

By the time I'd been there a month, we were Rochester Electronics.

Comment

Aye. Then you best be tellin us which Scotch would be helpin us through this.

Rochester Electronics has been participating in DigiKey's new Marketplace marketing scheme. So we have some parts now from them. But they're no help with the current component issues. I have a revision of the 412 that eliminates the two TI components which are not available.

Comment

Working...
        X