Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have Software / User's Manual for LucasFilm's THX D1138 Crossover / Monitor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have Software / User's Manual for LucasFilm's THX D1138 Crossover / Monitor??

Hey, all. I just acquired a couple of these at auction with some BGW Milleninium 2 and 3 amps and M1100 subwoofers. The amps and subwoofers will be listed for sale later, professionally cleaned (and subs rewired from 208 volts to 120 or 240 volts, if desired), but for now, I would really like to use one or both of these crossovers.

I Googled and came across a couple people that have knowledge of this unit - JBL 4645 on DiyAudio, and on the Film-Tech Archive, Sam D. Chavez, and Louis Bornwasser. But I've had no luck contacting them.

Would someone be so kind as to provide me with the old control software and user's manual that would have the connectors' pinouts? Or someone that would have these particular resources? I'd be most grateful!

~Adam
    Last edited by Adam Roman; 04-14-2022, 10:52 PM.

Sorry, little finger hit Save before i finished my previously edited post. I edited and now can't discard this post. Annoying, sorry for the waste of time. Hope someone out there can help with the THX D1138 software and manual!
    Last edited by Adam Roman; 04-14-2022, 11:12 PM.

Comment

https://www.filmvorfuehrer.de/applic...t.php?id=24394

Comment

That software is DOS and rather clunky. It's be awhile but, as I recall, you could choose from the various speaker settings of the day and, on top of that, one could work with like one or two PEQ or something per channel.

Comment

Those subs work much better set up for 220 volts. Ditto for the M-2200 sub. I sold lots of both subs when I lived in the Chicago burbs.

Comment

Carsten, thanks very much for the software and manual!!

Is there any info on the various speaker setups (Type #)? And the meaning of the SwX and SLC fields?

Mark, yes, the subs are much more efficient set up for 208 or 230 volts when the transformer primaries are wired in series rather than parallel (6 1/2 Amp fuse vs. 15 Amp), but I'm not sure about actually working better. Wired for 115 volts, the 10,000 uF 100 Volt caps have a nice 90 volts on them. I don't imagine that another configuration would improve on that.

Comment

Hello all,

Any chance someone has the software for this unit? The above link no longer works.

Many thanks

Joel

Comment

Wasn't the D1138​ built by BACP​?

I'm sure Sam would chime in if he still could... But I remember BACP being acquired by Cinematronix. Maybe they can help you getting a copy of the setup software?

Comment

Working...
                X