Sony SRX-R515 projector RAID error 3002 on server XCT-S10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IoannisSyrogiannis View Post

You actually use a script running as another update (.UUF, same policy for most things), in order to create three separate folders with settings and database entries.
    After updating the replacement SSD, you run another script, in order to restore.
    Yes, I remember now. But also remember that the procedure did not work for some reasons. Mind you, it was many years ago. With the 500 series they did manage to make things much easier compared to the 320's "three buttons update software" with Japanese text on them and very clear "please wait for a moment" error messages!

Mark,
    Are you aware that in some countries low level lights are not even required during a show? Sometimes they barely need the step lights. In most places the low level lights can be dimmed down to a very acceptable levels so they don't disturb the screen in any way. Sony is nowhere near the "true black" but they do bring a nice, improved contrast to the screen, which can be clearly seen in most of the cinemas I have visited or where I have installed Sony machines in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Tucker View Post
      SONY support is now provided by Strong, and is definitely still as excellent and timely as it has always been.
      Sony and Strong. Now that's what Mark would call a Dream Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Giustini View Post
        Yes, I remember now. But also remember that the procedure did not work for some reasons. Mind you, it was many years ago.
        Almost six and a half for me, Christmas period. :-)
        I have a photo of an Error Message saying "Unachieve update package file /mnt/usb2/update_R515P_toolpkg-SSD_BACKUP.UUF failure".
        But, to be honest, I don't remember why that was, or how I went around it.
        Could it be I shouldn't be using the update routine, as I thought at first? Again, I don't remember.
        I do know that I replaced the SSD and eventually everything was reinstated. (Settings and logs.)

The problem at the time was not a failed SSD, in which case I don't think I would be able to pull any such info.
        There was some kind of malfunction with the user interface, the root cause of which we couldn't pin down and Sony offered an SSD replacement to deal with it.
        The problem was solved, but the solution could have been exaggerated. Another similar system, with the same problem appearing passed it like a mild flu (after a few days of being back on service).
        More info, if there is any, never reached my level.

Communication with Sony, or its European service representative at the time, often seemed to be one way:
        One sends info and logs and here comes the spare part.
        Was it necessary? Will they stumble upon the same problem again? Who knows?
        In a way, that simplifies things.
        In another, you feel like you are engaging into a conversation with no response. You expect that when you are praying (you don't expect miracles though), not when you are working.

Comment

Working...
        X