Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would cause the image to be slightly darker on one side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got to be careful using your phone at the Alamo! But yes taking a photo of an issue would have been helpful (or audio recording for an audio issue). Just the other day for example we had no idea our center channel was chopping off the higher frequencies in the hall! Simple loose cable, lucky us we were checking everything before our 70mm showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Jones View Post
      LoL - Thank you for a chuckle this morning! The idea that the employees of a theater chain would do anything to fix presentation issues these days is hilarious!
      Again, it depends on the ADH.

The Sloan's Lake, CO ADH has a manager who is proud of the presentation quality her theater achieves and their site is used as a training base for people going on to work at other ADH locations.

From what I can tell, the staff at the Westminster, CO ADH, where this issue occurred, care about taking your report but never actually do anything with it as nothing there ever changes - something that is definitely true across the street at the AMC Westminster 24, home of miswired front channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Carsten Kurz View Post
        Although one should normally refrain from using a cell phone in cinema, it is probably a good idea to take pictures of visual issues and show/forward them to the manager. A picture is always better than a description, especially when your first contact is an usher.
        A new low I've seen when visiting local AMCs - it's now a thing to take a selfie of yourself during the opening credits so people on social media can "see" you're at the movies and what movie you're seeing.

I so very much wish I was making that up.

Comment

No surprise to me about AMC doing stupid things. I'm glad they are keeping their place in the industry at the very bottom of the barrel. They really are the new Carmike...

Comment

Working...
          X