Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logging into dolby cp750

Hello wise people.

I have a question - At my current theater we have USL sound processors which I am very adept at using.
    I just acquired a new location where they have dolby cp 750's.

I can log into the usl's with a web browser and do things like change output levels on different channels or adjust eq's. I did a lot of tweaking there to make my theaters sound good.
    Does the cp 750 have a similar web interface ? Or is there some software that's needed to log into these ?

Any info would help, thanks !!!

The 750 does not have a web interface but it can be controlled via network or usb using a dedicated software.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Giustini View Post
      The 750 does not have a web interface but it can be controlled via network or usb using a dedicated software.
      Any idea where I can get that software ?

Thanks !

Comment

Well, naturally it's on the Dolby web portal. Restricted to customers (dealers and their techs mostly). If you email cinemasupport@dolby.com and ask for a link for the software they will probably send it.
        Can be destructive in the wrong hands I guess.
        If that fails someone here might send it to you.

Comment

ok, i'll try to get it from dolby. Thanks !

Comment

Actually it isn't "secret" at all as new ones came with the control software and manuals on a cd. I can give you a link if Dolby won't but I'm sure they will. The program works fine via network but for USB the driver is tricky to install in windows 7 and up. And if you get the target CP750 IP address wrong you get to wait about 5 minutes for it to notice and let you correct that.

Comment

And if you get the target CP750 IP address wrong you get to wait about 5 minutes for it to notice and let you correct that.
              True enough...I've used Task Manager to kill the program to skip the wait on several occasions.

Comment

And you need the current version of the software (1.3.3.0) to install on Windows 10 or 11 without having to faff around disabling the "only install certificated drivers" function. Again, I'm sure that Dolby would be happy to provide it.

Comment

If anybody has a link they could send privately to get the software it'd be appreciated. After emailing back and forth with dolby customer support (giving serial #'s etc) they said I had to contact the original vendor and they gave me their info, (the company that installed it) but that's a company that is long defunct....

Thanks !

Comment

Did you try emailing them back explaining that the company is no longer in operation?

Comment

Someone was kind enough to send me the file.
                      Thanks to all who responded, its appreciated !

Comment

We currently use the CP750 , and we are experiencing difficulties connecting to the setup software via Ethernet cable without any networking involved. The CP750's IP address is set to .136. In an attempt to troubleshoot, we adjusted the LAN adapter settings on a Windows 10 system to the following:

IP address: 192.168.1.200
                        Subnet mask: 255.255.255.128
                        Default gateway: 192.168.1.129

Despite these adjustments, the setup software still fails to establish a connection. Any assistance or guidance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. The Connect to Local Device has been gray out to try connecting via USB.

Do we need to open any port in windows defender firewall in Windows 10 ?

ā€‹

Comment

Originally posted by Chandra Sekhar View Post
                          We currently use the CP750 , and we are experiencing difficulties connecting to the setup software via Ethernet cable without any networking involved. The CP750's IP address is set to .136. In an attempt to troubleshoot, we adjusted the LAN adapter settings on a Windows 10 system to the following:

IP address: 192.168.1.200
                          Subnet mask: 255.255.255.128
                          Default gateway: 192.168.1.129

Despite these adjustments, the setup software still fails to establish a connection. Any assistance or guidance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. The Connect to Local Device has been gray out to try connecting via USB.

Do we need to open any port in windows defender firewall in Windows 10 ?

ā€‹
                          The network settings you put into windows to try to connect are meaningless unless they match what is already configured in the cp750. You need to connect via usb first and then see what the network settings are - after you know those you can adjust the windows domains/ip's to match. But for now you need to get past that first step and connect via usb.
                          Any needed drivers should have installed when you installed the cp750 software, if its not working, re-install the software and be sure to run the setup with administrator priviliges.
                          Once installed it should connect easily via the usb cable ... once thats done you can work out the kinks in the ethernet connection. (or just do what you need to do via usb)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Macaulay View Post
                            And if you get the target CP750 IP address wrong you get to wait about 5 minutes for it to notice and let you correct that.
                            Betcha' a nickel the wait is four minutes and fifteen seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Armand Daiguillon View Post

The network settings you put into windows to try to connect are meaningless unless they match what is already configured in the cp750. You need to connect via usb first and then see what the network settings are - after you know those you can adjust the windows domains/ip's to match. But for now you need to get past that first step and connect via usb.
                              Any needed drivers should have installed when you installed the cp750 software, if its not working, re-install the software and be sure to run the setup with administrator priviliges.
                              Once installed it should connect easily via the usb cable ... once thats done you can work out the kinks in the ethernet connection. (or just do what you need to do via usb)
                              Thanks for the response

Despite disabling driver signature enforcement and running the setup with admin privileges on Windows 10, the persistent issue of the "Connect to local device" being greyed out remains. Seeking suggestions to troubleshoot this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Also when connected via Ethernet Iā€™m able to ping the cp750 ip address ,not sure if I have telnet for specific port ?
                              Last edited by Chandra Sekhar; 12-25-2023, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X