Brightness issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
    If every projector has the same lens and every room has exactly the same screen and every projector is zoomed to the same level and you measure it at the exact same distance in every room, the reading will give you a somewhat useful comparison between the rooms.

I'm still looking for the perfect English translation for the German word "Sollbruchstelle", "disintegrator rod" is a close, but somewhat too specific candidate.
    To make it a proper assessment all the bulbs light readings were measured on the same projector in the same slot. Although there should be almost no difference between each auditorium 4 of the 5 screen are identical. (distance from projector to screen and screen size/positioning is all the same) And although taking the reading the way I did may not give professional quality results - the results it gave were in line with what was to my eyes was very apparent

All the old bulbs read at around 40%(ish) dimmer than the bulbs I know were recently put in.

Also in regards to what Carsten asked - I do know how to adjust the brightness levels, but unfortunately any adjustments I make are only temporary as there is a macro in the "start flat" "start scope" that resets it back to how it was originally. The difference is minimal though.

Thanks

Comment

To change power settings on the lamps you have to log in to the projector either through the LCD display on the side or by using DCC on a laptop. Adjust the lamp power under that tab on DCC, and then save the setting to the macro you are adjusting it for in that lamp list. It's very easy, but Passwords can not be given out on this site. My suggestion is to attend a training class for NEC and learn the ropes and correct methods... Parts are very expensive if you make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
        To change power settings on the lamps you have to log in to the projector either through the LCD display on the side or by using DCC on a laptop. Adjust the lamp power under that tab on DCC, and then save the setting to the macro you are adjusting it for in that lamp list. It's very easy, but Passwords can not be given out on this site. My suggestion is to attend a training class for NEC and learn the ropes and correct methods... Parts are very expensive if you make mistakes.
        Hello,

I have the passwords, and I have manually changed the settings - however I do not know how to change the macros in the "start scope" "start flat" presets, those presets over ride my manual changes. But to be honest i'm not too concerned, the settings that are there are not something I would change significantly anyway.

Comment

You would normally take light readings every ~500 hours and bump the lamp power up to keep it where it belongs. Your setting does not stay because you have not saved it and applied it to a given macro (Start Scope, or Start Flat). Doing it is even easier than it sounds.

Comment

You would normally take light readings every ~500 hours and bump the lamp power up to keep it where it belongs. Your setting does not stay because you have not saved it and applied it to a given macro (Start Scope, or Start Flat). Doing it is even easier than it sounds.
            I dont know how to save it to those ....

Comment

Look for the "save lamp settings button" or similar. Under that button you'll find the Start Scope and Start Flat macros. Select which one to apply power settings to and click the save button.. Since theaters are closed I can't remote into an operating projector and take screen shots right now, otherwise I would.

Comment

One thought I had is to make sure reflectors are clean. Easy to take that for granted.

Comment

Victor, The lamp and reflector are sealed units (more or less).

Comment

Look for the "save lamp settings button" or similar. Under that button you'll find the Start Scope and Start Flat macros. Select which one to apply power settings to and click the save button.. Since theaters are closed I can't remote into an operating projector and take screen shots right now, otherwise I would.
                    For some reason I dont see any options like that.
                    In the DCC i click on "Lamp" - then you see the current state along with a slider that lets you adjust left or right. When I adjust I see the changes on the projector so I know its working.
                    There is no "save" button. There is only a "Lamp Memory - Memory List" button.
                    If you click on that what you see varies by projector, some have a "flat" and "scope " setting - some just say "2D IMB" next to each entry it shows a lamp mode and the power level in watts.
                    There is no option to adjust these - only options are "Entry, copy, delete, Test and paste". (none of those options lets me adjust anything.

Am I in the wrong place ?

Thanks !!

Comment

You need the proper login for DCC S2 to save anything.

Comment

He has that info Carsten....

Comment

Originally posted by Carsten Kurz View Post
                          You need the proper login for DCC S2 to save anything.
                          I have the proper login - am I not in the right place ?

Comment

Working...
                          X