Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco 20c

Bonjour à tous
    J'ai un projecteur barco DP-2K 20C affiche sur le communicateur des messages d'erreur suivant

Hi there
    I have a barco DP-2K 20C projector displays on the communicator the following error messages​

:thumb_2248.jpg
    Attached Files

one of your fans is running slow and it looks like you need to update the TI board again (did you swap the TI board?) as the engine satellites show the incorrect firmware version.

I doubt the fan error is related to the TI error. What happened to cause those errors? Did they just show up by themselves? Did you replace/reseat something?

The lens issue won't be related to anything. It's likely a basic installation mistake. You are using too much lens shift and the electronic hits the mechanical limits before the lens has reached the set position. When setting up lens position, ALWAYS make sure you have some room beyond the set position as the electronics might need to drive the lens PAST the set point.

Comment

Error 5313 - the bottom one of the two large vertically mounted fans in front of the card cage has a problem. I have seen the connectors vibrate and heat cycle their way loose, especially if the fan was replaced in the past and the tech did not put a very small zip tie around the two pieces of the connector to hold it seated (which is what Barco does at the factory). But if reseating the connector doesn't fix it, you need a new fan. These fans can and do fail, so this isn't very surprising, especially if it's an older projector. Same for the SMPS fans (the two smaller horizontally mounted fans below the two large vertical ones).

Error 5231 - if it has suddenly started reporting this error after years of operation not doing so, and if it won't go to the focus position you need, pull and reseat the lens, then do a home and return. If that doesn't fix it, I fear that a servo motor in the lens has gone bad. If it's reporting this error but the picture looks OK, you can ignore this error.

5813 and 5800 together - not sure. They shouldn't be related, but I find it suspicious that both have appeared at the same time (if they did). I wonder if it says firmware mismatch because the ICP has failed completely, and therefore can't actually see any satellite firmware at all (so it's comparing the version it expects to see with 0.00, rather than another actual version). If this projector is 10 years old or more, I suspect that the ICP's certificate battery has run down, in which case you need a new ICP. But to start with, it can't hurt, and costs nothing, to do a complete reflash of the current software/firmware bundle (2.10.117).

In any case, if you're not comfortable troubleshooting these steps and ordering and installing replacement parts and software, you really need to schedule a service call from a Barco-certified tech who is. If you contact Cinionic, they can put you in touch with the nearest service vendor (I'm guessing in Tunis, Tunisia, given your projector's hostname); or alternatively, contact the dealer from whom you bought the projector.
      Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 11-22-2022, 04:18 AM.

Comment

ANYTIME an ICP is changed (in any projector), ALWAYS run an ICP update...even if to the same version. ICPs can be shipped for 2K or 4K and there is no telling which way yours is. Running the ICP update will reinstall the firmware and match the ICP to your light engine (heck, there may be differences between .69, .98 and 1.2" firmwares on the ICP when running 2K too. In fact, it is always good policy to re-run an update when any module is changed on any projector. It is the only way you can ensure that the new module is on the same firmware and is configured correctly for your specific model projector.

As to the fan, it has likely failed. Another word for running slow is "stopped." The lens target not reached could be anything from incorrect lens files loaded...not homed, mis-set from the get-go...someone changed lenses but didn't tell the projector about it, signal backplane causing communication issues between the lens/lens mount and the CCB so pulses are missed...you name it.

Comment

Bonjour à tous
          Concernant le Barco DP-2K 20C,j'ai changé la Carte ICP d'une autre projecteur Barco DP-2K 19B qui est abandonné depuis deux ans. Les erreurs qui apparaisse sont les même 5813 et 5800.
          Je veux savoir comment je peux faire le mise à jour de la carte ICP.

Regarding the Barco DP-2K 20C, I changed the ICP card from another Barco DP-2K 19B projector which has been discontinued for two years. The errors that appear are the same 5813 and 5800.
          I want to know how can I update the ICP card.
          Attached Files

Comment

To be honest, I feel the best course of action here is to call a qualified technician to look into that issue. We can tell you how to update, then I guess the following question would be "where do I find the software".

Comment

Agreed with Marco.

The same satellite firmware mismatch error with two separate ICPs in the projector suggests to me a problem with at least one of the formatters, which, if I'm right, I'm afraid means that a new light engine is needed. However, it could be the cables or the backplane. Nothing to be lost by reseating everything.

But what this definitely means is that the fault is not fixable at the card cage and/or software reflashes alone: it will require surgery, and that really means a Barco-trained tech. I would strongly suggest trying to find one, maybe starting with the vendor that supplied the projector.

Comment

ANYTIME you change an ICP (and it is good practice for any card) you have to re-run the ICP update. The "C" series uses .98" DMDs while the "B" series use 1.2" DMDs so yes, there will be a formatter mismatch. The only proper place to obtain the software is from Barco/Cinionic. You may find someone that will (out of band) be willing to provide you with the necessary update file(s). Note, if you do establish this path to obtain the software...be sure to get the projector (2.10.117) and the touchpanel/communicator. Since these projectors are now EOL...their software development is going to be slow to non-existent (there may be changes to allow for new components that replace obsolete components as they try to support these projectors for a number of years).

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag
                  The "C" series uses .98" DMDs while the "B" series use 1.2" DMDs so yes, there will be a formatter mismatch
                  Good point (sorry I missed that), but the same error message was appearing with the original ICP in place, which presumably was original to the projector (and therefore had the C-series formatter firmware in it). That's what makes me suspect a light engine problem.

Touati - what happens if you fire up the lamp and project red, green, and blue test patterns? If they are OK, do the yellow, cyan, and magenta bars in the "Framing Uncorrected" test pattern look OK?

Comment

Leo,

With a software mismatch error I feel that any on-screen test would not have much value here. As Steve said, it's normal for that replacement ICP to show that error, coming from a B machine. We have not been given enough history about the original ICP to understand where the problem stems from.

Comment

Thinking is that if the red, green, and blue looks OK, then the formatters (satellites) are OK. If the yellow, cyan, and magenta also look OK, then the ICP processing is also OK. If one of the three primary colors is bad, that would indicate a bad formatter; if the primaries are OK but one or more of their subtractive negatives are bad, that would indicate an ICP fault. In other words, we're trying to establish if that error message is a false positive.

Comment

Bon le BARCO n'affiche aucun test pattern.

Well the BARCO does not display any test pattern.

Comment

That says to me that the problem is in the ICP or the backplane. It would be a huge coincidence if all three formatters went bad at once.

Comment

Until the ICP update has run and that ICP is configured for that light engine...don't expect anything, including test patterns to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
                              Until the ICP update has run and that ICP is configured for that light engine...don't expect anything, including test patterns to run.
                              what Steve says!

Comment

Working...
                              X