Christie CP2215 error when reopening after 1.5 month due to covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christie CP2215 error when reopening after 1.5 month due to covid

After reopening the cinema after 1.5 months, 3 of 5 screen have errors.
    And my Christie CP2215 has the following error, please help me

Attached Files

I guess that the Lamp Change error speaks for itself. The LVPS AC failure is a bit strange, although LVPS failures are pretty common on Christie projectors, it's more comon you lose DC power. Maybe there's a blown fuse in the LVPS?

Comment

So far, my only two failures during the COVID-19 closures have been 1-Christie CP4220 ballast (zero communication) and 1-Christie CP2230 AC Fan.

Comment

Looks like Christie's projectors are pretty susceptible to the virus, maybe they need a pair of XXL masks.
        But Edward seems to be on a bad run.

Anyway, for anybody who is on pro-longed lock-down closure, I highly recommend to regularly power-up your gear, at least once per week.

Comment

may be the lvps is not correctly connected to power supply

Comment

Have you tried common Christie solution? Complete power cycle, boards reseating and contact cleaning...

Comment

Were your projectors powered on for the full 6 weeks, not just plugged in and on standby? We followed the Christie guidelines, and within two weeks had 3 or 4 bad IMB's. We changed to on all the time, and didn't lose any more, but we are showing other minor errors that will probably clear with a full restart. Our projectors were among the first ones put into use in the US, so we have more than our fair share of issues with them unfortunately.

Comment

Only a dead Christie IMB is a good Christie IMB...my god, shame on them. The mortality rate among Christie IMBs is higher than that of Corona risk groups.

Comment

Don't I know it, Carsten!

Edward, we don't have 2215's, but rather 2210's. They are very similar from what I've heard however. Be advised only a properly trained tech should follow these directions per Christie.

Here's the troubleshooting steps I got from Christie for ballast communication failed, unexpected light out.
                  Troubleshooting:
                  Remove Network Connection to Projector

Network broadcast storms can cause ballast communication failures
                  Isolate the projector from the network before performing additional troubleshooting to ensure that a network broadcast storm is not the cause

Verify projector completely powers up after pressing the ON button
                  1. All standard LEDs should lit on PIB and ICP
                  2. TPC indicates projector at Full Power

Check LVPS output terminals for 12VDC and 24VDC
                  1. If NO voltage output from LVPS then check P1 at LVPS for 5VDC voltage from PIB/Backplane (LVPS_Enable)
                  2. If NO 5VDC on connector P1 then re-seat cable at connector P8 on Backplane
                  3. If NO 5VDC after reseating P1 (LVPS) and P8 (Backplane) then replace either PIB or Backplane
                  Check AC Power Relay (Terminals 0/1) for 12VDC

If NO 12VDC at AC Power Relay then replace LVPS

Check Input/Output voltage at AC Power Relay
                  1. Assuming 12VDC is present at Terminals 0 / 1 then AC Power Relay should have 220VAC at both INPUT and OUTPUT
                  2. If 220VAC is present on INPUT but NOT OUTPUT then replace AC Power Relay
                  Measure Input voltage at LPS (Lamp Power Supply) Input Terminals

If 220VAC is present at AC Power Relay but NOT at LPS AC Input Terminals then check / replace wiring between Relay and LPS

Reseat Ballast Communication cable between LPS and Backplane (P9)
                  1. If communication is not restored after reseating cable then replace LPS (Lamp power supply)
                  2. If communication is not restored after replacing LPS then replace PIB

This was all good - at which point they recommended a new ballast which did fix the problem. Sucks to change it out though.

Comment

Ronda, what KIND of IMB do you have?

Comment

We've seen quite some Christie-related troubles here in the last few days. I hope Christie will handle those cases with some major slack, because a lot of those cinemas are in dire straits already...

Comment

Hi Brad,
                        Christie calls these various things. Last one they shipped to us was labeled:
                        004-103110-05 CMB PCB SOLARIA
                        Hi Marcel,
                        I would hope so, but I wouldn't expect it. I was told by my supplier if we didn't follow the proper operational guidelines our warranty part replacement contract would NOT be honored by Christie.

Comment

This is exactly why I abandoned Christie a long time ago. All the Solaria problems is all it took for me to get fed up. But looking back even further, they started having issues with Series 1 and the Gore Boards. Plus Christie Tech support is pathetic at best. I feel sorry for those that are stuck with these projectors....

Comment

Yeah, their Solaria IMS was/is a bunch of crap, they should've offered everybody who bought into it a free upgrade to GDC. I've also had my fair share of problems with their LVDS, but otherwise I'd say I've had a limited, but decent run with Christie...

Comment

Marcel, Christie S2 is the most often posted brand for problems in this forum. I doubt that there are more of them than Barco out there. They seem to regularly bleed the exhibitors that bought them...

Comment

Working...
                              X