Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doremi Commands list for programmers

Hi friends, long time..

I understand that Dolby has published a document for programmers that includes a list of commands for obtaining timecode, CPL, and other film playback-related data from the server via an internet cable (TCP). Would someone be able to share the code or document with me?

Best

shai

You need to get access to the Doremi API, which is available under an NDA - if you can convince Dolby to expose it to you.

You may also find this interesting:

https://github.com/ronhanson/python-dcitools

Comment

I don't think an NDA is needed. The SOAP schema/WSDL is on the players from memory. I heard dolby support are happy to make it available.
      If you know where to get the WSDL, you pretty much can do what you need.

i..e. If you know how to program SOAP commands against a wsdl, you are off to the races.

I recommend using python and the suds-common library.

WSDL - Web Service Description Language. It's used for describing the functionality of a SOAP based web service.

Comment

just had a quick look, the WSDL files are on a Doremi/Dolby player under /doremi/share/wsdl directory.

Comment

My guess is that he is seeking the KLV command set rather than web-based (since he mentioned TCP). The KLV document did have a Confidential on it so Dolby would need to supply it. It is also true that Dolby is not developing any more on the KLV commands and all new work will be via WSDL/SOAP, which I'm sure benefits some but it makes things difficult if the controlling device does not speak with that (standard TCP/UDP controllers.

Comment

Well yes, soap is the only supported method going forward so it's what I would suggest.

In terms of a basic TCP implementation. You can still do that with soap but it's a little more tricky.

I would still use the python method to implement a full soap test case then use that to extract the raw XML TCP messages needed to implement the functionality.

Remember you will need to get a authentication token before you can send any meaningful command.

But once you have all the raw soap XML for each command you want to send, you can implement it in a very raw method. Substituting just that you need. I.e. like the authentication token.

It's basically like that video I did showing how to send a http request from a doremi socket command. Your just sending a full soap XML and headers.

Comment

Thank you all. I will look into WSDL files on the Doremi.
              Actually, all the information that I want to obtain from the server already appears when I connect with the PC browser to the IP server (GUI).
              I can compare between WSDL and HTML commands and see if I find what I am searching for.​

Comment

Working...
              X