No announcement yet.

Christie CP 2215 GDC SR-1000 Sound way out of sync, now ingesting really slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christie CP 2215 GDC SR-1000 Sound way out of sync, now ingesting really slowly

We are a small enterprise with two DCP projectors, and learning every day. A few days ago, we ingested Scream VI, seemed normal, then the keys a couple days later. When we played it last night, the introductory speech was fine, but when the movie started, the audio was WAY out of sync. We stopped and started, etc. but could not get it to work. Distributor sent a new disk today. When we went to ingest it, it was moving incredibly slowly. 1% in an hour. We had to cancel again. We tried another film, and it seems to be ingesting just as slowly. Now I'm concerned that something's going on with the server. No system alarms. Any idea what I can look at? I've reached out to our service co. but just wondering if anyone's had something similar happen.

Random thoughts:

Do you have anything else on that server right now? Trailers, etc? Do they play right?

Do you have hard drives in a little case with your server? Maybe one or more of those hard drives has quit. What do the little lights on it do when you're playing the movie?

Are there any notices or warnings on the "dashboard screen" that you see when you first log into the server?

Does all of your content show up on the content screen?

Comment

hi:
      You can try checking the disk SMART value and checking disk performance
      Of course, you can also try reinstalling raid5

Comment

To me it indeed sounds like a storage problem. It could be something like a failing drive that's still "too good" to be ejected by the RAID. Usually, such a failure mode should generate some log entries and show up in the SMART statistics.

Also, you mentioned you have two projectors. Is the other one also equipped with an SR-1000? If so, what happens if you ingest and try to play the movie on that one? If they didn't send you a KDM for that projector, it may be worthwhile to request one, just to try if it's a problem with the DCP and SR-1000 in general or an isolated problem.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions... I should have been clear, our second DCP is in another state, and it's Doremi Showvault. We did a full shutdown, unplug from the wall power cycle and the slow ingesting thing cleared. But when we re-ingested the new content, the same audio out of sync issue persists. Incidentally, we also use this projector to play HDMI content, and that works normally.

Comment

I agree that this is likely an SR-1000 storage issue. Those two faults - abnormally long ingestion time and playback from DCP only out of sync - have only that common denominator that I can think of.

Does your SR-1000 have the onboard CineCache (flash memory) storage, or an external RAID box? If the latter, check for any red lights (or lights out) for the individual drives, What does the RAID status info tell you?

SR-1000_RAIDstatus.png

If that doesn't give you any clue, I would suggest downloading a log and emailing it to us-support [at] gdc-tech.com with a description of the fault, and asking for their advice. GDC logs are encrypted, so you can't read them yourself.
            SR-1000_downloadlog.png

Comment

Thank you all again. The outcome is not my favorite. My on-site tech. had done a full shutdown including unplugging the projector/imb and it did not clear the problem. When I went out there, I started the system up, did a IMB restart from the GUI. When I started things back up everything was fine. So I don't know what the cause of the problem is. The only difference in our work flow is that previously we were completely powering down and unplugging everything at the end of the night, and we'd stopped doing that after re-installing the system (we're a seasonal operation.) So, now we're back to a full power-down every night.

Comment

Working...
              X