ICMP-X module dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICMP-X module dead

So, yesterday, we had a tech over for our Barco SP4K 12C maintenance. Weeks prior, we had some issues with HD no 2, with some errors reported, but no HD failure per se. Result of the maintenance: the ICMP-X module has to ne replaced all together. The projector was installed 1.5 year ago, with real usage beginning in September 2022.

My question: has anybody here seen or heard of such a failure on such a young Barco projector?​

Daniel, I am sure that issues that caused a replacement are not unheard of.
    Yet, from your description, it is hard to determine what the root cause is.
    It certainly is not a hard drive failing. I wouldn't guess being the RAID controller, since it may be changed (some ICMP have changed the RAID controller card to an ICMP-X one).
    So, it would help you get more feedback and opinions if you shared what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ioannis Syrogiannis View Post
      So, it would help you get more feedback and opinions if you shared what the problem is.
      I'll have a talk next week with the tech when the ICMP-X will be replaced, but even him was baffled yesterday when the ICMP-X performance/response degraded as the day advanced. He was abled to calibrate the projector and we can still use the HDMI input, but some symptoms were that DCPs were not available anymore and software update attempts stopped halfway through. That's what I witnessed anyway.

Comment

I have had similar issues, and in my cases it was the internal SATA-connectors. Reseating, cleaning or replacing them helped in all cases.
        The tip to try that actually came from Cinionic/Barco.

Comment

Agreed with all that it's either the RAID controller card or connections to it. At only 1.5 years old, the projector is still in warranty, so in your shoes, I'd gratefully accept the offer of an entirely new ICMP-X. The hassle of giving the new certificate to DCP suppliers and getting new KDMs is a small price to pay for knowing that you're starting afresh with totally new hardware. Also, the replacement ICMP-X should have a newer certificate battery in it (but ask your tech to tell you the date on the label, and I would suggest then putting a label on the side of the actual projector saying "ICMP-X cert battery installed Oct 13, 2023: replace by Oct 13, 2027" (or whatever the actual date is, plus four years), which will give you more time until you have to worry about that.

Comment

Thanks for the advices.

Comment

Recently i've had icmp-x which would overheat sobe of FPGA's inside, but only while dcp plays and after 20 min warning than error. Projector was new from box. It was icmp-x issue and they replaced it with new without problem. So even it is new, there was a problem, but when under warranty they will replaced it.

Comment

Working...
              X