Frame adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame adjustment

I am having a problem with a projector frame. It should be rectangular, but for one of the projectors, the frame is slightly arch shaped instead, therfore i should zoom in and mask quite some amount of image so that it fits the screen. I am using Dolby DP2K-23B projector, with a 1.38'' DC4K zoom (1.35-1.86):1 / 1.2 DC2K zoom (1.49-2.06):1 Lens. I have checked the lens settings, they are slightly different than lens itself, but from the list there wasn't exact same lens parameters listed, besides the specs differ very slightly yet i don't exclude that it may indeed be an issue. Selected settings are: INVISION(R) 1.38" DC2K (1.49-2.05) / DC4K (1.35-1.86)
    I have checked user manual and searched for solution online, yet can't figure out how to adjust frame back to rectangular or what may be a cause for it to be disorted. Any help is appriciated.

That's actually a Barco projector and Dolby IMB server. The black masking is an adjustment that requires the projector control software running on a Windows computer that's connected to the projector or it's network. To get the control software, you either have to go to Barco school, or call in certified Barco technician to do the adjustments. All projector manufacturers have the same requirements. When any of us attend training, we have to sign non-disclosure forms...

Comment

I'm not sure what the problem is. Not enough zoom range? This is a very short lens and does have some barrel distortion at the wide end of the range in particular. There is one shorter standard lens available but it still gives the slight distortion. The short lenses also have more chromatic distortion in the corners than long lenses.
      Masking is done in Barco Communicator, if you have the Barco touchpanel that IS Communicator... it's under installation/screen. You have to log in as service technician though. Generally don't touch "resizing", it is supposed to not be allowed in D-cinema and causes image distortion. It should be set for no scaling, corners all at 0 and/or 2047 (depending on corner). Masking cuts off image, cinema projectors don't have parallax correction or anything fancy. The centre spot on each side make a smooth curve in or out from the corners (out if the side is masked off). Adjustment is a bit jumpy, so single touch adjustments are best.
      If you don't have the panel the Communicator software for Windows, Mac, or Linux should be available by asking Cinionic or Barco. In Latvia you probably deal directly with Barco?

Comment

In order to better understand the whole thing, here is how the frame looks if i remove all the masking and adjust correctly let's say bottom right corner. Top right corner is allready going aslope. Meanwhile the left side top corner is over the edge and the bottom left corner is even more over the edge. So the frame itself is not rectangular, but disorted. Therefore i wonder what is a cause for this.

mobile_file_2023-10-17_07-54-25.jpg

Resizing hasn't been touched either.

Screenshot_1 (31).png ​

Comment

It isn't resizing that would cause that...it would be "masking" as in the Screen file. See if the bottom-center "handle" is at 0.

Comment

The masking is stuck! See projection on left mask (screen picture)!!...

Comment

What do you mean by 'masking is stuck'? In the image above, all the masking was removed to show how the frame lines are disorted (Flat macro selected). I believe it may be hard to see where those lines are going, so i draw them to show direction. The screen itself is rectangular, so you'd expect the frame lines going accordingly next to the edges. But instead they are disorted for some reason. Even if i zoom in/out or shift the lens in any direction, i won't be able to adjust the image so it fits nicely to the screen.

mobile_file_2023-10-17_07-54-25 (1).jpg

Comment

BTW...if your screen is curved (I couldn't tell from the picture, than what you are seeing is normal as you are projecting a "flat" image onto a curved surface. It just needs to be centered, via lens or projector aiming and the electronic masking using to keep the image off of physical masking.

Comment

Getting back to my original answer... Yes, he needs to bring in a tech.
                  Guys!...
                  1. He doesn't even have and was never trained on using DCC.
                  2. It's a used projector that was never set up for his throw and screen size.
                  3. No one knows if he even has the correct lens, but I sure hope so.
                  Give up on the Guessathon party. There is no popcorn or drinks anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Maris Apsitis View Post
                    What do you mean by 'masking is stuck'? In the image above, all the masking was removed to show how the frame lines are disorted (Flat macro selected). I believe it may be hard to see where those lines are going, so i draw them to show direction. The screen itself is rectangular, so you'd expect the frame lines going accordingly next to the edges. But instead they are disorted for some reason. Even if i zoom in/out or shift the lens in any direction, i won't be able to adjust the image so it fits nicely to the screen.

mobile_file_2023-10-17_07-54-25 (1).jpg

That looks like mechanical misalignment inside the projector, as if it were dropped during shipping. In any case it's gonna take a Barco Tech to fix it. That is not a simple adjustment issue.

Comment

Masking needs to be reset so you can see the full image, but looks physically unaligned to the screen.
                      The yellow line is the screen frame?
                      Did you level and center the projector when it was installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ranucci View Post
                        Masking needs to be reset so you can see the full image, but looks physically unaligned to the screen.
                        The yellow line is the screen frame?
                        Did you level and center the projector when it was installed?
                        Phil, you need to read the OPs last post, the masking IS clear of the total image area, what he shows is what the projector is doing.

In the image above, all the masking was removed to show how the frame lines are disorted

Comment

Tony, I was referring to the masking in DCC being reset, in addition to the physical screen masking.
                          You're right, I missed that but thought "all masking was removed" referred to his moveable masking, not the DCC masking.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ranucci View Post
                            Tony, I was referring to the masking in DCC being reset, in addition to the physical screen masking.
                            You're right, I missed that but thought "all masking was removed" referred to his moveable masking, not the DCC masking.
                            Now that you mention it, I see the confusion. I am now presuming he did mean physical as well as DCC masking..if so, as Leo would say, that projector is buggered.

Comment

Working...
                            X