Problem with boat projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with boat projector

Good colleagues, currently in one of our association room we have an old Barco clm r10+ brand projector, it is obsolete but it works for our things, and it indicated an error, I attached a photo in case someone can tell me
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Ok, that is an "event" projector, and this forum is about cinema projectors. The two product lines are pretty similar but also quite different. I think this is a single chip color wheel design?
    Regardless, it's telling you that the formatter (the TI DLP subsystem) isn't initializing.
    Not a good error to see, but it may just be a communication problem as there are many connections.
    Just reseating any connectors in wiring to the light engine is a start. The formatter circuit board may be in a card cage or mounted by the DLP.
    I don't know if there's any support available from Barco. It's a pretty old model released in 2007 and probably discontinued after 3 to 5 years.
    Unlike cinema projectors there won't be any security lockouts that trigger when boards or connectors are reseated.
    Looking at a pic I can't tell you where the boards or connectors are so you have to explore and figure that out yourself. With power disconnected, after about 15 minutes there won't be any dangerous voltage inside except maybe in the lamp ballast.
    Spare parts may no longer be available from Barco. Early cinema projectors from that era don't have support any more.

Comment

Thank you very much for answering, I will try to do what you told me in looking at connections and cleaning the plates

Comment

Working...
      X