Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here is the alignment video....

Comment

So I have the new laptop to swap out. This might be a dumb question but once I configure the network how do I get the ims2000 software on my computer? The dolby website? Or does that happen when I plug the network cable into the new laptop? I just got a surface with windows 10. Thanks!

Comment

The IMS2000's user interface is in the form of a built-in web server, so all the computer needs is a regular browser. You'll need to configure a wired network address for the new computer on the same subnet as the IMS2000 (assuming that this is not taken care of by a DHCP server in a router on the management LAN). Once that has been done, simply enter the address of the IMS2000 into the browser's address bar and push enter.

Comment

Can I be the party-pooper and suggest you don't need a new laptop to monitor a bunch of cinema projectors and servers?

Unless you use it for something else as well, a fresh install is probably all you need. If it's running Windows 10, you can use the "reset this computer" feature. You will then still need to configure the network etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Enticknap View Post
            The IMS2000's user interface is in the form of a built-in web server, so all the computer needs is a regular browser. You'll need to configure a wired network address for the new computer on the same subnet as the IMS2000 (assuming that this is not taken care of by a DHCP server in a router on the management LAN). Once that has been done, simply enter the address of the IMS2000 into the browser's address bar and push enter.
            Ok that makes sense. Thanks for answering my question!

Comment

Working...
            X